Thread: Compatibility of shellholders for Lee Auto Prime and RCBS press?

Compatibility of shellholders for Lee Auto Prime and RCBS press?

Hello everyone.

This bank holiday weekend, I had planned to finally sit down and start reloading, using the kit assembled from various generous SD members and a few sundries that I bought myself. It's been a long time coming, but it's just hard to find the time nowadays. But I've suddenly had a scary realisation: is the shellholder in my RCBS press compatible with my Lee Auto prime tool? Because if it isn't, there's no way I can score one by the weekend, which means that this damned project is once again pushed back, and I do have a bit of a deadline.

I think you need a special one for the hand primer.

That's what I feared. Damn. This is just never going to happen at this rate. OK, I need to order one now.

Is the Lee tool the only priming tool you have (I'm thinking there might be one built into your press - my RCBS press has one, for example - that you could use as a stop-gap). If not, console yourself with the thought that once you do get reloading, you'll really appreciate how well the Lee priming tool does its job... with the correct shell-holder, of course.

Last edited by Mr. Gain; 22-08-2014 at 19:53.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

SD Regular
    Joe Beatham at Gunshop East Barnet may have them. In a size suitable for 7mm-08 too !
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 22-08-2014 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Joe Beatham at Gunshop East Barnet may have them. In a size suitable for 7mm-08 too !
    He might do, think you might have met him before PM, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    He might do, think you might have met him before PM, lol.
    Yes, we've met, and I don't care to spend £10 and several hours travelling out there and back again this weekend... Anyway, I ordered what I need from Mr Spud earlier on, and Geoshot may well lend me the missing item this weekend, if he turns out to have one, so we shall see.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. I hope that helps.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.