Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30.06 rifle purchase

30.06 rifle purchase

Morning

I'm looking to get a 30.06 as a good all round rifle with a budget for the rifle itself of about 1000. Anyone have any good ideas on what to get?

Thanks

Second hand sako theres a 75 on guntrader in bromsgrove / Worcestershire at shooting supplies that looks nice and feels good

My buddy has a Tikka T-3 Lite in 30-06 that is a sweet shooter. He has a Leupold 4X on top and shoots very small groups while having a rifle he can field all day with little fatigue.~Muir

What are the new Winchester mod 70s like? I had a play and it felt good but didn't fire it. Nice FN quality control now.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    What are the new Winchester mod 70s like? I had a play and it felt good but didn't fire it. Nice FN quality control now.

David.
    IMO, the current stainless synthetic mod 70's are the best factory built hunting rifle on the market. They go for about $1400 new down here at the moment, so that should be well under 1000 stirling.

Cheers Sharkey

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    IMO, the current stainless synthetic mod 70's are the best factory built hunting rifle on the market. They go for about $1400 new down here at the moment, so that should be well under 1000 stirling.

Cheers Sharkey
    X 2 , I was looking at one this weekend that a friend of mine picked up . Like Kalahari says , their quality control has improved a lot over the previous M-70's . Perry's rifle is clambered in 270 Win and , from the targets he showed me an honest 1 moa rifle . I do like the old model triggers , but to be honest the new triggers are really nice . I think there might be a Feather-Weight M-70 in my future . That being said , a Tikka T-3 in 06 would be an excellent choice too . It is a lot less money so you'd have more cash to invest in glass . What ever you choose , the 30-06 is always a good choice .

AB

Quote Originally Posted by rnjc View Post
    Morning

I'm looking to get a 30.06 as a good all round rifle with a budget for the rifle itself of about 1000. Anyone have any good ideas on what to get?

Thanks
    Just got a 30-06 myself a couple of weeks ago. I got a remington 783 synthetic stock and im using federal 150gr and very happy with the price of it. Would recommend it to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Just got a 30-06 myself a couple of weeks ago. I got a remington 783 synthetic stock and im using federal 150gr and very happy with the price of it. Would recommend it to anyone
    You shot anything with it yet Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil12 View Post
    You shot anything with it yet Scott?
    Aye . I christened it last saturday on a nice buck just itching to hit the big boys with it but only seeing hinds just now. Very pleased at how little the meat damage was and its a smooth pull

hi I have a tikka t3 light in 30/06 its great to shoot and groups well with home loads