Thread: Quickload

Quickload

Anybody know if a trial version exists?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

- you should be on the stage!!

Surely it's been around long enough for it to be recognised as fit for purpose by now, what is there to 'trial' that another user on here couldn't/wouldn't help with?

I suspect "trial version" is Steve's euphemism for 'FREE'?

Old habits die hard I'm afraid, I rarely buy ow't without having a looksee first
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Anybody know if a trial version exists?
    Yes there is one.

Go to quickload quicktarget software and you can download a demo.

But I wouldn't bother, last time I looked there was no useful functionality in the demo, other than to demonstrate the clunky non-intuitive and unsophisticated interface.

There is a warts-and-all review at QuickLOAD Review & User's Guide

I know a couple of owners who were starry-eyed about it to begin with, but have since given up with it. I've mucked about with it, but found it tiresome and irritating. I used to work with good computer modelling and simulation packages. This isn't one. Unlike external ballistics, where the theory and practice have been refined and openly published for over 100 years, and an interested amateur can develop e.g. a spreadsheet as refined as any commercial software. This is opaque.

Unless you really have a genuine use/need for it, and are prepared to invest effort and resources bending it to your will, i.e. tweaking the many fiddle factors until it seems to match your own results, I can't see the point.

If you don't already have one, then spend the money on a good chronograph instead. Quickload is not a substitute, and is useless without one.