quad or jeep of somekind.

macfarlane

Got some more ground to shoot over yesterday its moorland with forestry blocks,lots of dips and valleys goes for miles in all directions theres fox,roe,hares ,rabbits,ducks,geese,and some grouse but im not sure how to go about getting the best from it cause its so big and open,can keep a quad or jeep on the place no problems there.my thoughts are with getting a quad for getting about but im not to keen on the cold i suffer from carpel tunnel,and white finger in my hands so maybe a jeep of somekind would be better.Im mostly going to be lamping foxys by myself .any thoughts.stuart.

Either a Suzuki 413 or L/R discovery pick up a m.o.t failure , make sure engine ,brakes,suspension and heater work cut shooting hatch if needed put off road tyres on and enjoy.You should be able to set yourself up for under £750.

I found I got just as cold shooting out of a 4x4 as I did on a quad, and the quad was far more useful, and you can lift it out if you get it stuck unlike a 4x4.

Got some more ground to shoot over yesterday its moorland with forestry blocks,lots of dips and valleys goes for miles in all directions theres fox,roe,hares ,rabbits,ducks,geese,and some grouse but im not sure how to go about getting the best from it cause its so big and open,can keep a quad or jeep on the place no problems there.my thoughts are with getting a quad for getting about but im not to keen on the cold i suffer from carpel tunnel,and white finger in my hands so maybe a jeep of somekind would be better.Im mostly going to be lamping foxys by myself .any thoughts.stuart.

Some gloves???

Unless you intend to stick to tracks/roads you will probably find a road vehicle too heavy - They get bogged down far too easily & winching a 4x4 out of a bog on your own is just hard work. Road vehicles will rip up the ground excessively too The moors are slow to recover after being ripped up - Call me a bit of a "Greeenie" if you like, but it ain't ecologically right IMHO to tear them up needlessly.
Far better to use a proper ATV - Quad, Argo or Gator etc - All have low ground pressure values & all can be fitted with weather proofing screens to keep out the worst of the weather. The estate here at home have a Suzuki King Quad with full screens - looks a bit wierd but it works.

Ian

Either a Suzuki 413 or L/R discovery pick up a m.o.t failure , make sure engine ,brakes,suspension and heater work cut shooting hatch if needed put off road tyres on and enjoy.You should be able to set yourself up for under £750.

For a minute I thought your disco was being offered for sale there Chris, best tin opener style shooting hatch I've ever seen just couldn't believe it didn't rain in, lol
Hope your well, Wingy
PS the .17 has notched up quite a few hits & still going strong.

Suzuki Jimny with vitara fatboy wheels and wide tyres and a cheap plug in heated seat cover. Comfortable and will go almost anywhere but obviously not as good as a Gator or similar but cheaper and probably warmer.

Back