Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas for a Reindeer hunt?

Any ideas for a Reindeer hunt?

Hi All!
    I heard about some guys travelling to Norway every year, staying in a lovely cabin and starting some stalking from there for a week or so, usually filling 1-2 tags for reindeer each...

I was just wondering, if there is anybody on here, having some ideas or even contacts for starting any kind of swap hunt for a reindeer...?

Please note: A true swap hunt spirit and expectation, no guarantee hunt, no booked hunt please...

Thanks for your support!!!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Hi All!
    I heard about some guys travelling to Norway every year, staying in a lovely cabin and starting some stalking from there for a week or so, usually filling 1-2 tags for reindeer each...

I was just wondering, if there is anybody on here, having some ideas or even contacts for starting any kind of swap hunt for a reindeer...?lease note: A true swap hunt spirit and expectation, no guarantee hunt, no booked hunt please...

Thanks for your support!!!
    I have been a good boy all year so far so there will be 8 on my roof on the night of 24th December 2014 what have you got to swap
    PS If it is foggy and there are 9 reindeer on my roof please do not shoot the lead reindeer that will be Rudolph and he is my favourite
    Geordie
    Last edited by geordieh; 26-08-2014 at 21:56.

Wow, these are great news Geordie!
    Do you mind sending over my kids to you for a closer look and meeting Santa personally?
    Maybe I sent you their wishlist also, that would take away some pressure from us

I dont have any connections but I can post a thread on Kammeret.no for you if you like. This is Norways biggest hunting forum and you would probably get a reply or two. As far as I am aware most tags have to be applied for a long time in advance and the hunting season is early 20.08-30.09. If you get lucky be aware that weather will play an enormous factor and that lots of waiting and if successful lots of packing out carcases in rucksacks involved.
    if you need more info just send me a PM.
    regards Toby

Quote Originally Posted by Border View Post
    I dont have any connections but I can post a thread on Kammeret.no for you if you like. This is Norways biggest hunting forum and you would probably get a reply or two. As far as I am aware most tags have to be applied for a long time in advance and the hunting season is early 20.08-30.09. If you get lucky be aware that weather will play an enormous factor and that lots of waiting and if successful lots of packing out carcases in rucksacks involved.
    if you need more info just send me a PM.
    regards Toby

Hi Tobi,
    Hi All!

This thread on the Norwegian forum was a hit!!!
    I got into contact to a guy from Germany, living in Norway for years and travelling far North every season several times to hunt for Reindeer, huge beasts in an incredible countryside, exactly what I was looking for...

So we got set up already, my only concern by now: He does it the hard way, hiking and camping, so a bit fitness to gain till next summer...

You better get your hiking boots on mate. ����������

Jon

What a fantastic trip that will be, it is a stunning country and to see it from that wild side will be unforgettable, a couple of breeze blocks in a rucksack should be a good starting point as far as training goes...
    atb

Good for you Michael. Glad to help. Don't forget to post a report of your trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	60086The Camp Is ready ! 8 days to the Season Starts !!!!! Even without Michael i will Show some pics

Can't wait to see the pictures, good luck!