Swap: Any ideas for a Reindeer hunt?

Wildboar1973

Hi All!
I heard about some guys travelling to Norway every year, staying in a lovely cabin and starting some stalking from there for a week or so, usually filling 1-2 tags for reindeer each...

I was just wondering, if there is anybody on here, having some ideas or even contacts for starting any kind of swap hunt for a reindeer...?

Please note: A true swap hunt spirit and expectation, no guarantee hunt, no booked hunt please...

Thanks for your support!!!

Hi All!
I heard about some guys travelling to Norway every year, staying in a lovely cabin and starting some stalking from there for a week or so, usually filling 1-2 tags for reindeer each...

I was just wondering, if there is anybody on here, having some ideas or even contacts for starting any kind of swap hunt for a reindeer...?lease note: A true swap hunt spirit and expectation, no guarantee hunt, no booked hunt please...

Thanks for your support!!!

I have been a good boy all year so far so there will be 8 on my roof on the night of 24th December 2014 what have you got to swap
PS If it is foggy and there are 9 reindeer on my roof please do not shoot the lead reindeer that will be Rudolph and he is my favourite
Geordie

Last edited:
Wow, these are great news Geordie!
Do you mind sending over my kids to you for a closer look and meeting Santa personally?
Maybe I sent you their wishlist also, that would take away some pressure from us:lol:

I dont have any connections but I can post a thread on Kammeret.no for you if you like. This is Norways biggest hunting forum and you would probably get a reply or two. As far as I am aware most tags have to be applied for a long time in advance and the hunting season is early 20.08-30.09. If you get lucky be aware that weather will play an enormous factor and that lots of waiting and if successful lots of packing out carcases in rucksacks involved.
if you need more info just send me a PM.
regards Toby

I dont have any connections but I can post a thread on Kammeret.no for you if you like. This is Norways biggest hunting forum and you would probably get a reply or two. As far as I am aware most tags have to be applied for a long time in advance and the hunting season is early 20.08-30.09. If you get lucky be aware that weather will play an enormous factor and that lots of waiting and if successful lots of packing out carcases in rucksacks involved.
if you need more info just send me a PM.
regards Toby

Hi Tobi,
Hi All!

This thread on the Norwegian forum was a hit!!!:thumb:
I got into contact to a guy from Germany, living in Norway for years and travelling far North every season several times to hunt for Reindeer, huge beasts in an incredible countryside, exactly what I was looking for...

So we got set up already, my only concern by now: He does it the hard way, hiking and camping, so a bit fitness to gain till next summer...:scared:

What a fantastic trip that will be, it is a stunning country and to see it from that wild side will be unforgettable, a couple of breeze blocks in a rucksack should be a good starting point as far as training goes...
atb

image.jpgThe Camp Is ready ! 8 days to the Season Starts !!!!! Even without Michael i will Show some pics :)

i just came back from the first try This year. Verry Nice tripp !!! We shoot nothing ....... this time :) !FB_20150822_16_18_34_Saved_Picture.jpgFB_20150822_16_17_08_Saved_Picture.jpgWP_20150821_07_29_04_Pro.jpgWP_20150821_07_29_00_Pro.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_IMG_2732.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_N1058VL4.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_RYGUA3NF.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_D2U8JOUH.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_DPCPXO7G.jpgC__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_211B81UL.jpg

Last edited:
Superb scenario_Once you spot a herd, is it easy to approach and take a shot? I suppose that long shooting distances are common

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! We hunt in the Hardangervidda at the Haukelifjell . Michael is coming not this year for hunt . Specially in the first week of the hunt ist dangerous to shoot long distance . Too many hunters around . Better to find a place where they need to pass by and wait for them . Later in season we are almost alone and then area and it's safe to shoot a bit longer !

Back