Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry whisky

Blackberry whisky

Evening gents
    how many of you are making blackberry whisky this year ? I've 2 bottles on the go at the min and and making a bottle of blackberry vodka for the first time this year too , just hope I'm patient enough to let it age enough this year
    atb Jim
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I have, as usual, a dozen pounds of blackberries under a dozen of whisky.

As I've remarked in the past, it is a way of bottling summer sunshine against the rigors of Highland hind-stalking and other outdoor winter pursuits of the urban middle-class.

If known you brew that mate I'd have personally dropped the scope cap off for a sample.

Posting the cap off Friday morning first class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I have, as usual, a dozen pounds of blackberries under a dozen of whisky.

As I've remarked in the past, it is a way of bottling summer sunshine against the rigors of Highland hind-stalking and other outdoor winter pursuits of the urban middle-class.
    A dozen sounds good I think I may be underprepared with my brew lol

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    If known you brew that mate I'd have personally dropped the scope cap off for a sample.

Posting the cap off Friday morning first class.
    Thanks again mate much appreciated pm me your adress and I'll gladly post you a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    A dozen sounds good I think I may be underprepared with my brew lol
    There's still time - the brambles started early here, but there are loads to come. Lancashire ones, though.

I made a trial bottle a couple of years ago and tried it after a few weeks it was horrid and slung it to the back of the cupboard. I dragged it out a week or so ago to pour it down the drain and just thought i would try it before it went for a burton, I'm impressed; it has really improved with age so it looks like i will need to make some more this year along with the standard sloe gin and sloe vodka.

Quote Originally Posted by s.stimson View Post
    I made a trial bottle a couple of years ago and tried it after a few weeks it was horrid and slung it to the back of the cupboard. I dragged it out a week or so ago to pour it down the drain and just thought i would try it before it went for a burton, I'm impressed; it has really improved with age so it looks like i will need to make some more this year along with the standard sloe gin and sloe vodka.
    Sloe whisky is also worth a try, in fact just about any spirit and any softish fruit

Singing Johnny made with a mixture of whatever soft fruit you have to hand mainly raspberries and brambles etc but try adding blueberries black currents strawberries.

Once made plum vodka, tasted great but had to drink it in the dark, looked revolting just like something that had been washed out of a byre door.
    Last edited by bogtrotter; 29-08-2014 at 17:42.

Oooooh aye ! Definitely !

Jimbo,

Never heard of that one, do you have a recipe you could share? I have Gooseberry Gin on the go at the minute as a trial, so I'll see what that's like in October....