Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harkila is it worth the price tag

harkila is it worth the price tag

As per title thinking of prohunter dog keeper as they put it coat and trousers will the put up with brambles fot mor than one season and if you have them already how do you rate

As the owner of a Pro Hunter jacket, I have to say no.

It is perfectly adequate - warm, dry, comfortable, lots of well designed pockets.

But it is certainly not worth the full retail price (fortunately I did not pay this).

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Had Prohunter trousers and Racoon jacket for 4 years now and they have never failed me. The only downside with the trousers are (1) too warm on a hot day or if our wearing them on a grouse moor and (2) the zipper doesn't have a waterproof seal, so if your jacket doesn't cover your zipper it will let in water. Other than that well worth the money!

Swedteam also worth a look.

I like their stuff. Nice styling; ventilation zips to regulate temperature; hard-wearing fabrics; seems well-enough made (if often in China).

But mostly I don't like shopping. There are likely better deals out there, but Harkila is easy and I know (more or less) what I'm getting. (Clothing-wise anyway. Their boots strike me as possibly more risky.)

Cheers,
    Jeff.

Quite simply yes.

If you say reliable amd waterproof in a single sentence as above then say not worth the money you have obviously not bought the other ***** on the market!!!

I am a harkila nut got lots of gear,is it worth the price tag,NO but i find its a good fit for me and its practical,finding stock is another problem
    nobody keeps stock for a fat *******. lol

Dont know about clothing I cant imagine any piece of clothing to be worth 400 quid but used their roesack a lot, when the straps gave eventually I contacted Harkila and they sent replacement. This way I can see myself using their 60 quid roesack all my life

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby View Post
    As per title thinking of prohunter dog keeper as they put it coat and trousers will the put up with brambles fot mor than one season and if you have them already how do you rate
    Maybe the clothes are, but the Harkila Roe sack certainly isn't.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Had a pair of their boots once, they leaked from new - total bollox!
    Virtutis Gloria Merces