Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter (warm) shooting glove recommendation

Winter (warm) shooting glove recommendation

As above...... Recommend me something decent, not too bulky possibly with trigger finger access, any suggestions?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I've had these Barbour neoprene shooting gloves for a few years which I can recommend.

Good points: Comfortable fit; fold back fingers and thumb; nice and cosy.

Bad points: Noisy velcro fittings (but anything with velcro has that problem).

I can't abide feeling I'm not in full control of my gun or rifle and as I tend to walk I use lammie leather shooting mitts & find them to be the perfect compromise between total control & warmth

I've got a pair of these and they soak up rain a treat and my hands get frozen, well not actually frozen, but bloody cold. OK as long as it doesn't rain.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpers View Post
    I've had these Barbour neoprene shooting gloves for a few years which I can recommend.

Good points: Comfortable fit; fold back fingers and thumb; nice and cosy.

Bad points: Noisy velcro fittings (but anything with velcro has that problem).

SD Regular
    A pair of Macwets with simple fleece glove over the top gives excellent insulation and you can easily strip the fleece back on the one hand when you want/need to be dextrous - and still have some protection from wind/rain/cold.
    Has been the best solution for me - and relatively cost efficient too.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

ive used ordinary builders trade gloves rubberised the thin ones not sure which type grey colour or black and the blue cotton liner glove inside for last four/five years ok unless lashing it down ,not suffered from cold yet,and you can still feel the rifle/shottie,
    DONT START

Have macwets and they are great - fit like a glove (second skin)! Good idea with the over glove.
    Mauser M03 Extreme .308 / Ruger 22 250

I use British army goretex cold weather mittens over the top of woollen fingerless gloves when it's properly cold. The mittens have a trigger finger and you should be able to pick up a set on the 'bay for about a tenner. Another option is fleece shooting hand warmers which leave the palm open; I use them for spring salmon fishing. I got my set from the shop Fur, feather and fin but a quick search doesn't show them up. For winter stalking the goretex mitts are probably better anyway.
    I also wear a good hat to keep my fingers warm.

I've got sealskin hunters but they don't keep hands warm enough in the real cold. Ok when stalking round and the blood is still flowing through ones veins but sat in the seat the just not up to scratch. I bought a pair of aldi 40gram thinsulate ski gloves last winter and even in real cold my hands get too hot. I even took to wearing them while walking. If a shot presented i just whip the glove off and let it drop to the floor while get on the sticks. And for 5 there were a bargain.

Regular Poster
    i love my pair of Le Chemeau 'Chasseur' gloves. Really warm, but they wick well so you don't end up with horrible sweaty hands, extremely waterproof thanks to a goretex type membrane and with a fold back trigger finger section so you can feel what you are doing. Not cheap, but I have had mine for 4 years now, using them for everything from driven days to beating to killing rats in farmyards and they still look like new. They have a grippy leather palm section as well which is great for hanging onto damp stocks etc. Slight issues are that they are not machine washable and are perhaps a touch bulky at times if you are trying to load .177 pellets into break barrels. Not a problem for loading .22lr though, even in the dark.