Hi from Wensleydale

Beaumap

Hi all - I have shot since I was 6 years old (.22 and 12 bore - farming background). Cadets, followed by 'march and shoot' competitions as a civilian. Competitive prone .22 at university. BUT, meanwhile I was falling in love with rock climbing. The pattern for the next 30 years has been a return to a shooting discipline every time I got injured! A decade of Field Target air rifle after a big fall. Got my shotgun certificate and started on clays, then driven game 6 years ago. Been shooting on the military ranges near Catterick for just over a year with Teesdale Rifle Club, and at last weeks away from my FAC. Deer stalking is the goal. Did the very useful BASC stalking intro day on the North York Moors in May. I'm open to any suggestions as to how to improve/develop. Mike (Beaumap) :)

Hiya and welcome mate doing your DSC1 a good start I'm sure you'll get a lot more suggestions good luck bazil

Join the BDS. Depending where you live, exactly, the NW branch is the closest for meetings, but BDS will put you with the North East group despite being in Yorkshire because of the DL postcode. The NW branch advertise meetings and shoots on here.

DSC level 1 is a good idea. I'd hazard a guess that with level 1, a couple of booked stalks and your experience you could have a deer calibre. North Yorkshire police are a great bunch to deal with if you make it easy for them. I did the assessment only with Laurie Walton in the lakes. There are lots of courses about if you fancy the whole thing.

Welcome

Back