spider time

swarovski

Its that time again when them bloody huge spiders come in the house, my daughter is petrified of them, cant say I like the myself,a couple of years ago I was putting my work polo shirt on in the bathroom, just as I was sort of straightening it up one of them huge spiders was just about to climb up my chin, jeez Ive never, moved so fast to brush it off, made me bloody shiver I can tell you, I dont mind snakes, am glad we dont have turantsulas over here :D

Somebody said they come in through the open windows, apparently if you put conkers on your window cills there is something they dont like about them and it stops them from coming in.

your niehbours wont like you throwing your conkers about on the window sill either mate,:rofl:

Last edited:
Show me one of those big spiders and I can beat Usain Bolt out of the blocks. The spiders we are getting at the moment are huge and I am not too proud to say they freak me out. I swear they have Tattoos and wear Dr Marten Boots.
Me and the wife have an arrangement. I kill Moths and she does the Spiders.

Yorkie.

Ugh, I bloody hate 'em! I'm fine with snakes, rats, everything else but spiders I can't stand. I can be in the room with one, but can't touch them. Nasty little blighters...

Lol the youngest daughter has the answer out with the hover and suck them up.
Time for the biggest spider in the house picture i think

Lol the youngest daughter has the answer out with the hover and suck them up.
Time for the biggest spider in the house picture i think

That is exactly how I deal with them, I hate the bastwards, real phobia about them.
Apparently the large ones which are found in the house at this time of the year are 'common house spiders'.
Reading this thread has got me lifting my feet off the floor and using the table as a foot rest :scared:

I don't mind them at all, the wife is scared to death of them & I find it so funny, the little girl (4 year old) will pick them up and chase her mum around the house with them.

Are we covered by "any other lawful quarry" for dispatching them? I hate them and would happily live with some .308 holes in the skirting boards!

I believe that tick apart of the same family ,hate them as well .there's nothing worse than walking back though the wood and getting a web across the face ,you no those really strong ones so you know that it had to be a good size spider to have spun a web like that ,give me shivers just thinking about it :scared:

Just been searching the web for a match, on a spider x 2 found this week in our house, fairly small, say a little bigger than a five p piece, with a red coloured frontal body section,with no match found, I don't have a problem with spiders, but the usual loud scream from her alerts me to remove the offending creature,... Just a fascinating thing watching one out in the fields yesterday, peeing down with rain & it continued to construct from scratch, at the top of a long grass strand whilst being buffeted by the wind, a perfect web, then it retired to a little shelter under a bent leaf.
& for the arachnophobes amongst us false widow bites decorator - Google Search

I've started to bring my wood into the home as I've started burning I always bang the pieces of wood together as you can gaurntee they will be hiding in the wood.
im another fan of getting the Hoover out.

I hate bloody flies, so spiders are my mates although the Mrs isn't too keen and catches them in a shoe box to throw out into the garden. Living in an old thatched hovel has it's attractions but it also attracts spiders in big numbers and size. My sisters won't visit us and neither will some of the tribe of Grandkids we have acquired, but they say every cloud has a silver lining.

Back