Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: snugpak tent / bivi

snugpak tent / bivi

hi there

ayone have a snugpak tent they aren't using ?

preferably one of the fly first model , scorpion2 , bunker

or a bivi ie, the stratosphere model?

cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    hi there

cheers
    Paul
    Paul, it may be worth having a look at the Vango Blade, Go Outdoors is probably the best place. Quite similar to the Snupack tents. Very cheap at about 60 but good reviews, I have a slightly larger Vango but I am seriously considering getting one of these. I've been using a Terra Nova tent all summer which has been fantastic but it's a big step up in price. Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    hi there

cheers
    Paul
    Paul, it may be worth having a look at the Vango Blade, Go Outdoors is probably the best place. Quite similar to the Snupack tents. Very cheap at about 60 but good reviews, I have a slightly larger Vango but I am seriously considering getting one of these. I've been using a Terra Nova tent all summer which has been fantastic but it's a big step up in price. Glyn

I have a Colman Epsilon 2, complete with pegs in it's bag and weighs 2.6kg.
    Bought new at a cost of 99 and used once for a 3 day trip, can be pitched fly first or all in one go.
    Been sitting in the cupboard ever since in as new condition, alloy poles and pegs.
    If interested PM me.

Neil.

Was introduced to Swags & hammocks when in Aus, haven't used a tent since, little more money but both very fit for purpose even with our inclement weather.

I do have a uk hammock as well but no tarp ... Fancy trying that too but would like the tent for " back up" ... What if no trees ?

Well i actually have 2 swags, 1 is self supporting, but can be secured to a rock, stump or pegged at either end if you think it needs it, hammock n tarp is in same pack which fits in my day bag, swag is for a longer stop out, or if using a vehicle to carry the gear as its a heavier than a tent.

Forgive my ignorance ...
    What's a swag ?

Have a look at this link, should be a few types, basically taken from 'swagman' as in the nomadic early workers in Auz who had to carry all their stuff inc bedroll between jobs, often having to walk a fair way and camp in the open, as i said they work well and will last a lifetime.

The AussieShop

& I really fancy a bedroll from Home | Wynnchester Camp Adventure And a few of the up-cylcled packs look interesting too