Thread: Target shooting requested in Hereford area

Target shooting requested in Hereford area

Hi gents, long story short, I've been shooting for about 5 years and have recently based myself in Hereford. I have no permissions of my own in this area yet (all of mine are in Devon), but go shooting with a friend on his land weekly in the Llandrindod Wells area (about 45-60 mins away from me).

The problem is I'm a reloading nerd who is (as always) looking for the next best load and not satisfied with anything for long. I have unfortunately therefore have to drive 45-60 mins to shoot and evaluate these loads, while trying to not p*%s off my mate who rightly just wants to go out, control vermin and go home. This can be problematic as it all ends up being rushed and often just a waste of time as the vermin control rightly takes precedence.

I'm therefore looking for a kindly soul in the Hereford area who would allow me to utilise some of his land (100-200m range) in order to conduct my trials without the epic journey or stress to shoot partner! I fully understand this is a BOLD request and apologise for that up front. I'm not trying to gain shooting rights by stealth on vermin or anything living just an empty field for an hour or two now and then to indulge my inner nerd. In return I can probably arrange some shooting in the Llandrindod area with my mate in recompense if this would be viable?

Many thanks for your attention guys, I'm now off the the shed to load 'the next best thing'!

All the best

Deano

What part of Herefordshire Deano? Have you thought about joining a rifle club for regular access to a range?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    What part of Herefordshire Deano? Have you thought about joining a rifle club for regular access to a range?
    I'm in Hereford itself practically. Yes I have thought about it but haven't been able to fine a full bore one close enough (nearest is I believe Minsterley which is 50 miles). I also travel for work so have no real 'pattern of life' conducive with club membership. It's currently my 'plan b'.

Thanks for replying!

Deano

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanot2000 View Post
    I'm in Hereford itself practically. Yes I have thought about it but haven't been able to fine a full bore one close enough (nearest is I believe Minsterley which is 50 miles). I also travel for work so have no real 'pattern of life' conducive with club membership. It's currently my 'plan b'.

Thanks for replying!

Deano
    Deano, Mike (8x57 above) is on the committee of Monmouth Rifle Club, just down the A40, so a viable option. Feel free to drop me a PM for a further chat.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

There are several full bore rifle clubs in and around Hereford, you can contact the Hereford City Rifle and Pistol Club who have their own range at Kington or Hereford Breechloading Rifle Association (HBRA) they use a variety of ranges including my Club range near Cheltenham. PM me and I'll let you have the contact details,

Join HCRPC!!! we currently have i think its 12 members after the club went through range move. mainly small bore gallery and muzzle loading but also do days out to full bore now that i have my RCO. either that or get in contact with Hereford breech loading rifle association they shoot full bore every 2 week with small bore and practical shotgun filling the spaces.

neither club demand you be there every week aslong as you arent taking the piss just to get a licence one of our members now lives in kent and im now in Wolves for uni.

PM for more info

Scooby

If you feel like making the trip over to Notts, Just give us a bell.
    I could fill the day with some game shooting, and a duck flight.

Hi Deano

Just noticed your request for somewhere to shoot and test your new reloads. If you are still looking for somewhere, I may be able to help you out. I too do quite a bit of reloading for my .223 so from time to time go out to test new loads. Anyway, I realise your post on the subject was some time ago so you are probably well sorted by now.

Kind regards,
    Eddie