Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will be off the forum for 3 months

Will be off the forum for 3 months

I am going to the west coast of USA for a hunting / driving holiday 10th Sept, a spur of the moment decision but what the heck and why not, lifes too short.
    Martin

good luck!! but I believe in some parts of the US they have heard of 'dial up' which could hopefully allow you to post pics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I am going to the west coast of USA for a hunting / driving holiday 10th Sept, a spur of the moment decision but what the heck and why not, lifes too short.
    Martin
    Yeah life's to short, enjoy and good luck with the hunting.

David

Humbug.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Thanks chief... Not sure if i would have survived real life or SD visits without you.... Will turn to RD if i need support/sales advice. Have a great trip. x

I just found out that there is a huge gun show that runs at Reno Nevada only 4 hours away (or is that 3 dollars in gas?), try to keep me away!!!!!
    Martin

Hi Martin, make use of the many internet cafes and keep us posted with lots of pictures.

I have a modern inline muzzleloader in .50 cal with a 2.5 scope that is coming with me, because the federal laws on firearms importation although reasonable and fair takes 6 weeks or longer to organise and I am too late now for getting the permission for taking my normal smokepole and without a US drivers license you cannot buy locally, plus if a you are a resident for less than 3 months it is unlawful to do that.
    Rather be safe than sorry.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I have a modern inline muzzleloader in .50 cal with a 2.5 scope that is coming with me, because the federal laws on firearms importation although reasonable and fair takes 6 weeks or longer to organise and I am too late now for getting the permission for taking my normal smokepole and without a US drivers license you cannot buy locally, plus if a you are a resident for less than 3 months it is unlawful to do that.
    Rather be safe than sorry.
    Martin
    Well now I am buggered as the airline Delta from Munich to Atlanta have lost my gun case with the 2 smokepoles the 2nd piece was a H&H double rifle bored out to 20G that was made in 1891 so was legal to take with me.
    Hard to hunt without the kit (bowhunting anyone!!!!!)
    Martin

That is not good news, hopefully Delta will take better care of my gun next month, hope you get it sorted.