Will be off the forum for 3 months

Bavarianbrit

I am going to the west coast of USA for a hunting / driving holiday 10th Sept, a spur of the moment decision but what the heck and why not, lifes too short.
Martin

good luck!! but I believe in some parts of the US they have heard of 'dial up' which could hopefully allow you to post pics!!

Thanks chief... Not sure if i would have survived real life or SD visits without you.... Will turn to RD if i need support/sales advice. Have a great trip. x

I just found out that there is a huge gun show that runs at Reno Nevada only 4 hours away (or is that 3 dollars in gas?), try to keep me away!!!!!
Martin

I have a modern inline muzzleloader in .50 cal with a 2.5 scope that is coming with me, because the federal laws on firearms importation although reasonable and fair takes 6 weeks or longer to organise and I am too late now for getting the permission for taking my normal smokepole and without a US drivers license you cannot buy locally, plus if a you are a resident for less than 3 months it is unlawful to do that.
Rather be safe than sorry.
Martin

I have a modern inline muzzleloader in .50 cal with a 2.5 scope that is coming with me, because the federal laws on firearms importation although reasonable and fair takes 6 weeks or longer to organise and I am too late now for getting the permission for taking my normal smokepole and without a US drivers license you cannot buy locally, plus if a you are a resident for less than 3 months it is unlawful to do that.
Rather be safe than sorry.
Martin
Well now I am buggered as the airline Delta from Munich to Atlanta have lost my gun case with the 2 smokepoles the 2nd piece was a H&H double rifle bored out to 20G that was made in 1891 so was legal to take with me.
Hard to hunt without the kit (bowhunting anyone!!!!!)
Martin

The case turned up unopened at the hotel 5 days later.
= I am entitled to a $600 compensation from the Amex gold card insurance. Finally it came in usefull.
Martin

Thanks Muir,
I hear it is a good show.
I hope the old rust free but well shagged range rover that I bought here makes it there and back from Fremont Ca.
Martin

Muir, I sold the 13 German scopes for $2600 to one dealer and my 1891 H&H 20G sbs to another dealer for $4500 so it was a good show.
I was in Yosemite today and saw a coyote catch a mouse and also saw 3 whitetails plus a big buck only 3 yards from the car. Could have took him with a pocketknife.
I start my home road trip via Yellowstone park on 26th Nov to Chicago all overland.
have fun,
Martin

Delta caused me some problems this time, rifle only delayed by one day but other issues still ongoing.
Yellowstone park, i assume you realise only the the North and North East entrance is open this time of year?
It almost caught us out 2 years ago.
Have a good trip.
Cheers
Richard

Sorry that I saw this so late. I will be in IL over the same time for the family holidays. If there is any thing I can do to help just contact me (check your PMs).

good luck. don't forget again to share a fun experience
o.png

Back