Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rem 700 with AI stock

rem 700 with AI stock

Been looking around for options on REM700 with AXMC (AI stock) - been in contact with a couple of supplier - Valmonte, Rimfiremagic whc provide a complete buildout. The only issues is apparently there are no REM 700 heavy barrels in the country for next 3 months. Sportsmanguncentere suggested this can be self built - buy purchasing the stock and barrel seperately, jut 2 screws to bond the AI stock with REM 700 barrel, sounds to good to be true if you ask me. anyone had experience of doing this themselves?

try Simply rifles

Thanks splash - does simply rifle gunsmith it themselves, or do they outsource to another supplier?

It's not quite clear what want.

The Accuracy International stocks are available directly from Sporting Services who are the retails outlet for Accuracy International. Once you have the stock it really is as simple as two screws to swap out the barreled action. No smithing required.

You our don't mention what model heavy barrel remmy 700 you have been looking at or calibre.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

As far as I am aware there is not a shortage of Rem 700's with heavy barrel profile - your calibre choice isn't specified, that may be the issue.

Swapping a Rem 700 over to an ICS or AIAX chassis - it really is simple - two stock screws.

However, if the Remington has an aftermarket trigger fitted, some milling is required in the AI trigger inlet area to accommodate the safety linkage (on Jewel triggers)

This won't be an issue if you purchase a standard Rem 700.

Hi Redmist, - that would be a 308 (sorry I missed this out)

Armalon usually have the barrelled action in stock and they will build it to your exact speciation, they would rebarrel it with there own barrel if you so choose, I have one and its the dogs dangleys, chrisc on here had one like you want in our sd classifieds at half the money of a new one, shoots well apparently, atb swaro

Yes I just checked and its still for sell if you are quick, what commision will I get chrisc , i would be happy with a box of 6.5 cal 140gr berger hybrids

I built my .300 win mag on the AIC2
    it was originally a 7mm rem Mag Rem 700 but got a Lothar Walther barrel fitted oversize recoil lug, Roedale muzzle brake, jewel trigger ( small amount of milling required to install trigger) Us Optics Scope and mounts.
    I would not want to lug it around stalking but for long range I.e 1000 yards and over it is the Dogs B-----ks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
    I built my .300 win mag on the AIC2
    it was originally a 7mm rem Mag Rem 700 but got a Lothar Walther barrel fitted oversize recoil lug, Roedale muzzle brake, jewel trigger ( small amount of milling required to install trigger) Us Optics Scope and mounts.
    I would not want to lug it around stalking but for long range I.e 1000 yards and over it is the Dogs B-----ks
    I once bought an AI folding stock for the 700. Never shot it because the bedding block was machined incorrectly, so much so that there was a full 0.200" gap between the v-block in the rear and the bottom of the action when the front screw was tightened. Sold it and never looked back. Figure if AI can demand so much money for there stuff and let crap get out the door I was not going to be part of their support network. Besides, those stocks are too damn heavy for a 308 or 300 WM. Even sniper guns in these calibers should be more like hunting rifles, not bench guns or even "F" Class. To me the "Marksman" is one who can hit his target with the first shot firing over an unknown distance, on unknown terrain with a rifle that can be carried for days or weeks. Small groups are nice but they just prove the precision of the rifle/ammunition.

SS