Ice bucket challenge

I have been nominated three times. I'm not doing it for a number of reasons, I have loads of friends that have done it and to be honest I'm lucky I only got three. I think it has done loads for the various charities people have supported and that is great, just doing this on social media isn't my way, I donate in my own way. One of my nominations was from my niece! I am seeing her in a couple of weeks. I'll let her pour ice water on my head if it makes her happy, but it isn't going on facebook!!

I was nominated by our heating system :D,had last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, with no gas valve in operation, no ice, but very close to the temps in those buckets..... & quite a lot longer in duration, then put £20 into the bucket for a local hospice.

I quite like this way of doing it. I'm sure some folk will have something to say about safe handling etc, but please note he does put his ear plugs in...

I did think about having my rifle on sticks when doin the challenge but didn't fancy drying it off after . The redneck obviously didn't give a rats arse lol
Good challenge
N

Just observed three RAF guys (two Corporals and one Sergeant from Coningsby) today grab a civilian who refused to "oblige" and dumped the bucket of water on him in our pub garden.

They were not too impressed when plod turned up and arrested them.

Said civilian is a barrister and his now plan is to destroy their lives. Great laugh for them.....

Stan

what a bell end! (the barrister I mean!)

what a bell end! (the barrister I mean!)

Really. I wouldn't be happy with being assaulted!

I don't know the circs but if that happened to me and they were strangers I doubt things would be different, as I couldn't do anything else due to my tickets.

Really. I wouldn't be happy with being assaulted!

I don't know the circs but if that happened to me and they were strangers I doubt things would be different, as I couldn't do anything else due to my tickets.

Really?
He calls the police over a bucket of water for a charity event and now plans to "destroy their lives".
Great use of our already overly stretched police force and court system and sounds like a total sense of humour failure (in a pub beer garden I may add)

Really?
He calls the police over a bucket of water for a charity event and now plans to "destroy their lives".
Great use of our already overly stretched police force and court system and sounds like a total sense of humour failure (in a pub beer garden I may add)

brewsher500,

This was not a "charity event". None of the crowd round here have been taking money.

He was having Sunday lunch with his family including elderly parents. The three RAF lads, with wives, had been on a bender since opening time. They challenged one of them and he in turn challenged half a dozen strangers in the garden having lunch.
Tipping a wheelie bin over someone sat eating lunch is OK with you?
If you watch Police Interceptors on TV you will see a lot of episodes in Lincolnshire. Two of the "stars" were in the garden. We all know one another and it was they who called their colleagues. The three RAF lads were carted off.
Now, the assault victim will have no problem pursuing punitive damages in a civil case as it will cost him nothing but his own time.
We all live in the same village. I suspect three houses going up for sale soon.

Stan

brewsher500,

This was not a "charity event". None of the crowd round here have been taking money.

He was having Sunday lunch with his family including elderly parents. The three RAF lads, with wives, had been on a bender since opening time. They challenged one of them and he in turn challenged half a dozen strangers in the garden having lunch.
Tipping a wheelie bin over someone sat eating lunch is OK with you?
If you watch Police Interceptors on TV you will see a lot of episodes in Lincolnshire. Two of the "stars" were in the garden. We all know one another and it was they who called their colleagues. The three RAF lads were carted off.
Now, the assault victim will have no problem pursuing punitive damages in a civil case as it will cost him nothing but his own time.
We all live in the same village. I suspect three houses going up for sale soon.

Stan

interesting , personally I would have got the hump with their behaviour maybe spoke to their commanding officer but to 'destroy their lives' is disproportionate and just plain spiteful when an apology and maybe a small voluntary fine to cover another meal for him and his family would/should have sorted it ?

interesting , personally I would have got the hump with their behaviour maybe spoke to their commanding officer but to 'destroy their lives' is disproportionate and just plain spiteful when an apology and maybe a small voluntary fine to cover another meal for him and his family would/should have sorted it ?

From my limited experience of squaddies, alcohol, "errors of judgement" and civilian police involvement and Courts system, none of them have the power to "destroy lives".
That power lies with the very person you advocate speaking to. If they are a trio of clowns who whose behaviour is unacceptable when alcohol is involved, the CO will deal with them accordingly.
In these situations it is very difficult to "speak" to someone. You either formally complain or you don't.
Either way, had I been sitting with my family minding my own business and ended up on the receiving end of their boorish behaviour, it would have been the same outcome as has been posted.

well 'formally' complain to their commanding officer then but I maintain that to set out to destroy their lives is disproportionate.

Not my problem, it's theirs. They chose to pick on the guy who lives in the big house. They don't have big pockets. Simple matter for a High Court damages claim with costs. They deserve what they get. Their arrest makes it an automatic RAF disciplinary action.

The embarrassing thing was for the two police officers and their families who now can't associate with the associated children for Professional reasons.

Stan

I think its ott...

Who hasnt made an ass of themselves after a few beers.

Sure the lads are out of order but does the punisnment they may get reflect the crime ??

Imo theyll be hung out to dry and that is disproportionate.

I love landlords that serve people all day then say theyre on a bender... looooverly

I would still like to see anyone collecting money from any of this.

In the past month here in Lincoln, in London and in Germany I have seen and participated in this but yet to see any money going anywhere..... No one rattling charity boxes.

Stan

been nominated by my god daughter so it will be done and ill donate to lupus.

bob.

Not my problem, it's theirs. They chose to pick on the guy who lives in the big house. They don't have big pockets. Simple matter for a High Court damages claim with costs. They deserve what they get. Their arrest makes it an automatic RAF disciplinary action.

The embarrassing thing was for the two police officers and their families who now can't associate with the associated children for Professional reasons.

Stan

they made a stupid drink fuelled decision and from what I've read nobody was actually physically hurt ?

This sounds to me like something that could be sorted out with an apology and a bit of adult behaviour , maybe a handshake , the route that appears to be being taken is in my opinion part of what is wrong with society now ?

I would still like to see anyone collecting money from any of this.

In the past month here in Lincoln, in London and in Germany I have seen and participated in this but yet to see any money going anywhere..... No one rattling charity boxes.

Stan

Why would anyone accept the challenge or join in the bit of fun without donating ???

Anybody can be a miserable bugger over anything but much more fun to get your family together for a bbq and raise a bit of money from some harmless fun....

Imo if youve got to explain it to anyone your wasting your breath... lifes full of miserable feckers that have got something to grind over nothing....

Back