Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .234 Again

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

.234 Again

Well i am finally on the lookout for .243 just for stalking and had a look at a rifle i used in 308 but in .243.

went to see a lads ss6 69 P1 in .243 it had been cut from 25.6" to 22" and it felt nice. the only thing i have a problem with is the trigger, now its so long since i shot the old boy in 308 at bisley i can not remember what it was like to adjust etc.

the lads rifle felt more like a 4lb pull than a 2lb pull, anyway i have been looking around and found one on GT but i am still unsure ?.

I am also a lover of the tikka 595/590 and theres not that many good one around now.

so anyone out there use the ssg 69 P1 in 243 that can tell me if you can get that trigger sorted,

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Couple of Tikkas in Holts autumn auction, Bob.

Splash out and get a Blaser Bob, then you can swop and change calibres by just buying extra barrels at half the price of a rifle.
    It saves space in the cupboard too

just get a tikka t3 supervarmint and enjoy shooting it right out off the box still under 1inch at 100yards with 6000rounds down rainge

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    just get a tikka t3 supervarmint and enjoy shooting it right out off the box still under 1inch at 100yards with 6000rounds down rainge
    Naw! Everyone on this site who gets a varmint for stalking later wants it cut down! ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Naw! Everyone on this site who gets a varmint for stalking later wants it cut down! ~Muir
    second that

Too heavy otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Not every one Muir (I suppose if it was a super varmint I might), I have used my varmint for 4 years and would not consider shortening the barrel. I must admit however, when the time comes I will be getting it re- barrelled and will be looking at a good fluted version but possibly a tad longer.

Have a really nice condition, low round count M595 stainless in 243win. (sporter profile)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Splash out and get a Blaser Bob, then you can swop and change calibres by just buying extra barrels at half the price of a rifle.
    It saves space in the cupboard too
    Hi Eddy......even if i had the funds id still have another rifle .

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    not to keen on the T3 the longer action puts me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer90 View Post
    Have a really nice condition, low round count M595 stainless in 243win. (sporter profile)

pm sent

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube