Thread: Nice find at a Somerset Farmers Market

Nice find at a Somerset Farmers Market

Had the Yeti in at Carrs Bridgwater, Junction 24 M5 on Saturday. Waited whilst they did the service, got fed up and went for a wander. Near Carrs is a small exhibition / show facility and on every Saturday is a farmers market (genuine one - loads of guys and girls in wellies).

There was an old guy with an army surplus stall. Bought a new army ripstock camo jacket for 20 and an ammo box for 10(last one he had / looked brand new). He has Norgi tops, boots, jackets, trousers. etc etc at excellent prices. Apparently as we get to the end of September he will have a lot more cold weather gear.

Not worth a special trip but if any Somerset stalkers are passing Junction 24 on a Saturday definitely worth a look.
    Mauser M03 Extreme .308 / Ruger 22 250

Cheer Grimrecruiter

Thanks for the heads-up

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrecruiter View Post
    Had the Yeti in at Carrs Bridgwater, Junction 24 M5 on Saturday. Waited whilst they did the service, got fed up and went for a wander. Near Carrs is a small exhibition / show facility and on every Saturday is a farmers market (genuine one - loads of guys and girls in wellies).

There was an old guy with an army surplus stall. Bought a new army ripstock camo jacket for 20 and an ammo box for 10(last one he had / looked brand new). He has Norgi tops, boots, jackets, trousers. etc etc at excellent prices. Apparently as we get to the end of September he will have a lot more cold weather gear.

Not worth a special trip but if any Somerset stalkers are passing Junction 24 on a Saturday definitely worth a look.
    A Yeti Eh?, is it a four wheel drive, if so, how do you rate them?, Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Steve

I think that I was fortunate. I bought the last model variant Yeti in October 2013, new, in the Adventure limited edition.

Its the 140 ps 6 speed 2.0litre 4 x 4 with quite a lot of extras.

The car goes well and because I work in Bristol it gets battered up the M5 and back each day at barely legal speeds (Not). I have had NO problems at all in its first year (naturally it was new but any case). The pull, cruising ability and fuel consumption are all good. Air con, dab, cd and usb does all I want as well.

There is a steep off road incline at my clay club and whether wet or dry it doesnt break a sweat but as to the real muddy experience off road who knows but I think it would be adequate.

I havent towed with it so cannot comment. I still have a little grin to myself when I drive it (probably my age or wind).

The one thing that I had read that I wouldnt have liked but cured with some street legal head light bulbs which are upgated was dip and main beam - the oringinal beam on dipped and main was crap. Their like seach lights now LOL.

I spent ages looking for a reasonably priced 4 X 4 with goodies and for the price there was nothing close. If you think we are nurds get onto the Yeti Owners Foum - what they havent written about the Yeti isnt worth reading. Hope this is useful!
    Last edited by Grimrecruiter; 03-09-2014 at 19:46.
    Mauser M03 Extreme .308 / Ruger 22 250