Quad sticks WANTED!

Devon County Shooter

After putting up with a cheap set of shooting sticks that continually break I've decided to invest in some new sticks. I was out with IanF the other week and had a go on his quad sticks and i have to say how steady they were holding on a target which was 500M away! When i used my bi sticks i was was all over the place.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction for a pair of quad sticks (must be able to shoot from kneeling as well) please do. I see some blokes on here construct them as well?

Regards

Carl.

i use a set which have nothing but the word decoy writen on them but if you put decoy quad sticks in google they will come up and for what its worth i really rate them

Unfortunately if you want to buy ready made then you pay. I made a set from the garden canes and had a strap across the back so I could track a beast moving. They worked really well and I used them for 2 years, got a number of my friends using them now. Some others don't. I now use the quad pod. Reminds me I have to send him a mail as I said I would give him some feedback. They are good and can collapse, which is the reason I bought them so they would fit in the pickup. Not sure if I would be able to take a kneeling shot but then never tried or had the need to. Always take standing shots. Mind you, not a lot can see you standing in the dark. :D

Indeed I would say they are but I have never seen or tried yours so cannot give an honest opinion myself but plenty of others do seem to rate them.
but I think the op wanted to be able to shoot from kneeling as well as standing. Didn't think yours would open that far? Maybe it is no too important to him?

They open completely but obviously the more open they are reduces the angle to the ground so more likely to slip.
I've used mine kneeling but seldom.
I spot the vast majority of my deer and fox standing so just take the shot more often than not from where I'm stood.
Would you like to try a set of mine? Happy to send them then have them returned once given the once over.

What a kind offer. Yes i would like to try a set. Would it be possible to try a a hardwood set in case i like them. I'm 180cm in height.
Carl.
They open completely but obviously the more open they are reduces the angle to the ground so more likely to slip.
I've used mine kneeling but seldom.
I spot the vast majority of my deer and fox standing so just take the shot more often than not from where I'm stood.
Would you like to try a set of mine? Happy to send them then have them returned once given the once over.

I like limulus sticks. light not noisy unless i manage to kick the bottom of them ! but not too good for kneeling/sitting shots I find. I have sorted out one or two vantage points in hedges or on banks where I can sit and the ground level in front is lower than my feet allowing easy deployment of the sticks. One of the best shooting positions i have found is sitting comfortably, back against the remains of a gate post, resting on the quad sticks. This lets me shoot with confidence at the extent of my modest ability. Teckel is able to sit on my lap and comment on proceedings !

Back