Boiling heads 'slow-time'.

Monkey Spanker

As I was serving up a lovely venison casserole done in the slow cooker the other day, it got me thinking.....
The meat goes so tender it just falls off the bone right?
Well what about slow cooking a head in a slow cooker with a tin foil cover around the antlers? Surely the low heat would prevent damage and the flesh should come away easy. Her indoors won't complain as it will not be on the stove but out in the garage simmering away. A quick jet wash and bit of peroxide should finish it off?
Anyone ever tried it?
I've got a freezer full of nice Muntjac heads so I might give it a go.:D
MS

Worth a try with one that might not matter to much, you will need to time it right because I suspect it will soften the skull.
I did struggle to read your post though, I can’t take my eyes off the bloody monkey with the revolver.

Smithy

You try it Mick and let me know if it works! I think the scull will disintegrate? I think you would only fit a munty in a pressure cooker?

MS, i tryed this a few years ago, cooked it slowly for three hours, the meat did fall off but so did all the scull plates when washed, spent the next hour with super glue trying to put it all back together.

smithy your right its very hard to take your eyes off that damm monkey, love it !

AL

Back