nosler partitions

the scudd

hi i have been offered some of these heads in 25 cal at £30 per hundred, they are 100 grain and 120 grain, my question is how do they perform, do they expand ok, will be shooting sika and fallow. thanks again

Given they normally retail at £25-30 for 50 I would say it is a bargain!

premium cup and core bullet with a reputation for reliable expansion and solid construction
only negative aspect is the design feature can result in the rear core being dislodged and becoming a separate component and not staying in place

the result is a restricted and controlled expansion of the nose cone

Given they normally retail at £25-30 for 50 I would say it is a bargain!

premium cup and core bullet with a reputation for reliable expansion and solid construction
only negative aspect is the design feature can result in the rear core being dislodged and becoming a separate component and not staying in place

the result is a restricted and controlled expansion of the nose cone

My observation is that it occurs when contact with bone on the way in. Good thing on a large animal. Two divergent "bits" doing the necessary to the soft organs.

My only negativity is that on a small animal there is limited expansion unless you hit something that provides resistance.

Stan

I've used them in a few calibers over the years , they are one of the better big game bullets out there, they are very reliable . That's a great price too , I can't get them here for that price . Like smullery , I've found the 140 gr partitions work great on everything ( never used them on Moose , I just prefer a larger caliber , but that's just me ) For that price , buy them , you'll be a convert .

AB

Nosler, according to my shooting buddy, have never made a bad "bullet", I have shot lots of stuff with Partitions 130 grain in .270 Win, Fox, Roe,Red, Fallow... 98% were good DRT's, the worst performance out of all of them, was a runner, around thirty yards, & meat damage on Roe absolutely minimal.

I've been using 150 grain partitions from my 308 on sika and they are the only bullet I've used that can put them straight down when chest shot. Of course not every one goes straight down but most do and previously I'd never had a chest shot sika run less than 50 yards. There might be a better bullet for sika but so far I've not found it so it is well worth giving them a try.

Exellent bullet that retains lots of wieght. I use them on Roe to Kudu. A bit expencive but you get what you pay for. £30 for 100, bargain
Tusker

Back