Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first go

first go

ok feeling bored so i thought , have a go at first knife for myself so if it goes pear shaped its no problem its for me anyway so far cut the steel Attachment 46519 then a bit of shape i dont want anything heavy so 3mm ,bear in mind i have bog all tools some small files ,jewellers i think, molies an angle grinder emery paper Attachment 46520 now i got cocky the spine i even put some slots for my thumb Attachment 46521 loads to do and the blade as well ,oh and an handle ,waiting for brass for pins and resin for handle this bit might not work as im experimenting with material so far so good,we will see and then i have to temper it no matter what its going to get used, and if its ok i will get a damascus blade of bewsher ,laters,taters
    DONT START

keep going as long as it works it will be a good useful blade.

If that's your first go, can I put my order in after you done your ninth knife please, looks really promising, well done

ATB
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    ok feeling bored so i thought , have a go at first knife for myself so if it goes pear shaped its no problem its for me anyway so far cut the steel Attachment 46519 then a bit of shape i dont want anything heavy so 3mm ,bear in mind i have bog all tools some small files ,jewellers i think, molies an angle grinder emery paper Attachment 46520 now i got cocky the spine i even put some slots for my thumb Attachment 46521 loads to do and the blade as well ,oh and an handle ,waiting for brass for pins and resin for handle this bit might not work as im experimenting with material so far so good,we will see and then i have to temper it no matter what its going to get used, and if its ok i will get a damascus blade of bewsher ,laters,taters

cheers paul and mark ,its bloody hard going with a bit of emery and a file but i will plug at it ,and we will see ,i think i will be on the scrounge for a belt sander,lol doug,
    DONT START

here a couple more pics not spot on yet but sharp still needs a lot more sanding / polishing then final coat to seal it, oh and exuse the colour scheme i thought i might not lose it so quick, but see if you can spot what i made the handle out of ,anyone gets it and a fiver goes to h4h,doug,Attachment 46675Attachment 46676Attachment 46677 it will be a lot brighter when coated,cheers doug,
    DONT START

get to aldi doug asap they got angle grinders with a belt linisher on 29.99 .well done for your first attempt m8.they can only get better with practice

ta tozzy its not finished yet,any guesses on handle material?
    DONT START

Did you remember to temper it before you put the handle on
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

deffo a hardwood but dunno wot the green stuff is ,unless u filled it with green mushy peas to make it flexible .is your missus wondering where her chopping board has gone by any chance

Is this the "Dragons Den" moment when you tell us its squashed together bars of old soap, solving the age old problem of keeping your hands clean during the gralloch?. If so, can i order a "Dove" model so i can also moisturise?.D.