Best Calibre for Elaphurus Davidianus?

That would be Elaphurus davidianus then. Apparently 7.92x57 was used over there for a long time so probably not a bad choice..

Same as for red deer - I'd go 6.5mm minimum. Any of the larger calibres will do the job - They are a big deer but not particularly tough. You don't need a magnum hyperspeed special to do a good humane job.

Ian

From their gait when running I'd say mounted on a palomino with spurs, stetson and a lasso should do you fine kemosabe. :D

in fairness like most of the bigger deer they are suppossed to be fairly soft if you hit them forward and a tounch high, but anything throwing 2,200 ft-lb upwards will certainly do the job very well.

PM - PD are regularly culled in parks (big ones) in Southern England. They have been bred there & elsewhere around the world for a good while now & are not as near to extinction as they were.
The problem with them is they are big & normally stick to the swampy areas & can be a bu***r to extract! LOL.

Ian

Sounds like a right looker...sure i met a bird in Magaluf like this.

• "the hooves of a cow but not a cow, the neck of a camel but not a camel, antlers of a deer but not a deer, the tail of a donkey but not a donkey."

Back