New high seats for Muntjac ground

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
I visited one of my leases in Bedfordshire this week with two good friends to put up three new double high seats for the coming winter. Whilst we were there we had a couple of outings and saw 12 Munties over two outings, culling one yearling buck and a dog fox.

WP_20140902_003.jpg WP_20140902_004.jpg I think I got the plans for these seats off the site, but either way they are a good design, strong and plenty of room for client and guide. My thanks again to Daz and Tom for helping out and congratulations to Tom. The Muntjac he took on the area in late March was confirmed Gold this week.

they look just the job Malc!

Did Tom get his shirt off in celebration or just flirting with Daz?

they look just the job Malc!

Did Tom get his shirt off in celebration or just flirting with Daz?

Yes Jim, I am very pleased with the design and build. Daz did a bloody good job on them. As for Nugget getting his shirt off............no comment. However we did restrict his Haribo intake to one a day.

If you and Simon are still keen on a go up there for Munties let me know as I am just about booked solid. Look forward to seeing you in a few days in West Sussex and later in the highlands. Just got permission from a friend to stalk another 4,500 acres nearby for Red and Sika hinds which gives everyone a total of about 15,000 acres to stalk over on the SD week. Plus there is one day on the stags left on the Monday, so Daz and Tom are over there for a go and I can take another 2 if anyone is keen to take a big Red or Sika.

ATB

Malc

Yup, they are the ones I've been building and are brilliant. We found it a good idea to have a removable extra middle bit of 3x2 from front to back to rest your elbow on if you are sitting on the left side of the seat ;)

And I fitted some hooks to the sides to rest your rifle in!

Stratts

Yup, they are the ones I've been building and are brilliant. We found it a good idea to have a removable extra middle bit of 3x2 from front to back to rest your elbow on if you are sitting on the left side of the seat ;)

And I fitted some hooks to the sides to rest your rifle in!

Stratts

Hi Stratts,
Yes they are a solid design, we fitted an extra bar across the back which has also helped to shoot and rest the rifle on from behind. As I said two have already been christened and I am now ready for a very busy CWD and Muntjac season.

Looks like you have come a long way since we last saw each other. Well done mate, glad to see you are keeping busy.

Aye, thanks to you guys and the members on here for the help along the way. Can you believe it's almost 18 months since I came to your place? I still hear that whisper from time to time when I'm on my own ground 'Don't miss this one Stratts!!'

Hopefully we'll catch up at the show in Nov if you make it up,

Take care

Back