Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 lite screws

Tikka T3 lite screws

Hi
    Does anybody know the size of the Torx screws which hold the stock to the action. I have 10,15 and 20. 15 to small 20 to big.
    i want to adjust my trigger.
    thks

Hi there is aclip on you tube changing a stock on a tikka t3 and I am sure he says what size they are.

I'd replace them with these

UK Gunworks - Custom Rifle Builders

I got them for my Sako & anytime a gunsmith has to take the rifle apart for anything they ooh & aah at them

Hi
    Does anybody know the size of the Torx screws which hold the stock to the action. I have 10,15 and 20. 15 to small 20 to big.
    thks

Hi, T25 Tork, same as the Optilok bases. Go easy on that trigger. Mine is perfect at factory settings.john

Hi, T25 Tork, same as the Optilok bases. Go easy on that trigger. Mine is perfect at factory settings.john[/QUOTE]

I have a T25 but it is way to big. I have tried 10/15/20 &25. 10 & 15 to small- 20 & 25 to big.

just checked mine, t3 varmint ,22,250 and the are flat slotted screws

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer4u0 View Post
    Hi
    thks
    I have the genuine tool, send me a stamped addressed envelope and it's yours, can't say fairer than that!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-3.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	46741
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...

Quote Originally Posted by ABOLT View Post
    Hi there is aclip on you tube changing a stock on a tikka t3 and I am sure he says what size they are.
    I'm not sure that TIKKA tool looks quite right, but here's the YouTube link ......

Which says that earlier T3's are conventional slotted (blade screwdriver - as in the M595/M695 series) and later models (American spec.) are TORX T25.

I've never seen the point in adjusting the trigger pulls on Tikka rifles, which share the same assembly as the Sako 75 & 85 series. I have more than a few Tikka's, all of which have wooden stocks & blued barrels with not a T3 amongst them thankfully.

Triggerwise, all mine are identical so I've never thought about tinkering with them. The factory-set pull is the perfect weight, and breaks smoothly.

Never taken them apart, or even disassembled the bolt for cleaning. Amateur gunsmiths should leave well enough alone IMHO.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Checked mine and I use a Stanley Torx screwdriver for the stock and on the side it says TT25 x 100. As Highlandsjohn says same size for Optilok bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I'm not sure that TIKKA tool looks quite right, but here's the YouTube link ......

Which says that earlier T3's are conventional slotted (blade screwdriver - as in the M595/M695 series) and later models (American spec.) are TORX T25.

I've never seen the point in adjusting the trigger pulls on Tikka rifles, which share the same assembly as the Sako 75 & 85 series. I have more than a few Tikka's, all of which have wooden stocks & blued barrels with not a T3 amongst them thankfully.

Triggerwise, all mine are identical so I've never thought about tinkering with them. The factory-set pull is the perfect weight, and breaks smoothly.

Never taken them apart, or even disassembled the bolt for cleaning. Amateur gunsmiths should leave well enough alone IMHO.
    It's what came in the box and it worked on my old T3....
    And yet another 7mm-08 user...