Thread: Game Fair/ Hunting Shows

Game Fair/ Hunting Shows

Good day all

I would like to get some info from our members on here! I am looking at maybe doing a marketing trip next year and would like to find out which or what shows/fairs would be worth looking at? This is to market my safari outfitter bussiness in the UK?

I would appreciate any input

Thank you in advance!!!

Regards

Gerrit jv Vuuren PH & Outfitter
    Bos en Dal Safaris- South Africa
    gerrit@ehw.co.za
    Home - Bos en Dal Safaris

Main show of the year would be the CLA game fair gamefair.co.uk
    Most of the main gun and optic manufactures have a stand at this show,there are also other shows around the country but couldn't give you an opinion on them.

A similar question was raised some time ago, I thought at first it was you who raised it Bos en dal safaris but obviously not or you wouldn't be asking again would you. Why not do a search of the site and see what was said previously.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

CLA gamefair is by far the biggest and also the best in my opinion. It is being held at Harewood House in 2015.
    Last edited by Willie; 07-09-2014 at 15:35.

It will also cost you a kings ransom to take a booth at the CLA. I would plump for the smaller shows, and also the Stalking fair at Kelso and Newmarket. The overheads of coming over and taking a stall at the CLA, would mean you would need to move a lot of hunts to just cover the costs.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    It will also cost you a kings ransom to take a booth at the CLA. I would plump for the smaller shows, and also the Stalking fair at Kelso and Newmarket. The overheads of coming over and taking a stall at the CLA, would mean you would need to move a lot of hunts to just cover the costs.
    You are talking right in my ally!!! I was hoping to get info on the smaller fairs which wont break the bank too much!! As i kind of not expecting to book to many hunts on the first trip to a fair/show! But i am hoping by doing the shows a couple of times the people would start recognizing you and would feel more at comfort to book a trip?

thanks for all the input

ATB

Gerrit jv Vuuren PH & Outfitter
    Bos en Dal Safaris- South Africa
    gerrit@ehw.co.za
    Home - Bos en Dal Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Quick question Malc you have put Newmarket, thought the fair was at Newark?? Is this a typo or have I missed a thread that the venue has moved.

Quote Originally Posted by dave 67 View Post
    Quick question Malc you have put Newmarket, thought the fair was at Newark?? Is this a typo or have I missed a thread that the venue has moved.
    OOps typo error no its still at the same place Newark. My mistake after stalking for three days, a bit tired and old
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I haven't been to a fair this year, but I remember seeing a stand at several which was a group of different African outfitters who had got together to share a stand. It looked like quite a slick operation, more of a road-show. Maybe you could join in with them, if they still do it ?

As stated the cla is a kings ransom. I was gobsmacked when a few told me how much it cost. A number were thinking to putting their budgets into other shows.
    The shooting show seems to be one that is taking off big time and is also at the start of the year February. Whether it is suitable for what you market is another thing.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .