Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syndicate Adverts

Syndicate Adverts

Alex... perhaps if the ads weren't so vague they wouldn't get so many enquiries.

Just by adding a few details like location, start date, requirements (dsc, insurance etc), cull figures. Half the applications could be filtered out on location alone.

I can start a new thread if you like, but I do think this needs addressing.
    Last edited by Si; 05-09-2014 at 08:28.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I've moved this to its own thread.

I agree. If it was me advertising a syndicate I would put all the details up front, including what I was looking for in terms of potential members. It would answer off most of the questions people have there and then and would save having to PM details to 100+ separate enquirers. It's like people advertising high end kit with no photos or details. I just wouldn't do it that way.

But it's not me and we can't keep having this debate IN THE AD every single time a syndicate gets advertised. I know it's annoying not to get a reply. Some people are just bad at placing adverts and following up with communication and if the ad turns into this discussion every time it will put people off from advertising syndicates on the site then there will be ZERO opportunities on the site and we will be back to "closed doors/who you know".

Whilst demand outstrips supply by so much we aren't really in a position to start demanding syndicates are advertised in a way which suits us all, in my opinion.

Alex, do you think a simple 'sticky' at the top of the section with a suggested layout would be helpful - people could copy and paste;

Members:
    DSC 1/2 required:
    First Aid required:
    Quad bike required:
    Dog required
    Cost:
    Estimated Cull:
    Guests:

That type of thing?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Alex, do you think a simple 'sticky' at the top of the section with a suggested layout would be helpful - people could copy and paste;

Members:
    DSC 1/2 required:
    First Aid required:
    Quad bike required:
    Dog required
    Cost:
    Estimated Cull:
    Guests:

That type of thing?

+1,nothing commercially sensitive being given away.........there are rules for classifieds so why not for this?........it would save a whole load of grief.....

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Whilst demand outstrips supply by so much we aren't really in a position to start demanding syndicates are advertised in a way which suits us all, in my opinion.
    That is very true, but a more detailed advert could surely only be beneficial to everyone concerned?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Excellent suggestion from Apache
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Members:
    DSC 1/2 required:
    First Aid required:
    Quad bike required:
    Dog required
    Cost:
    Estimated Cull:
    Guests:

That type of thing?
    +1 Then the pm's would only come from genuine applications and none wanting extra info before they decided to apply. Easier for the advertiser (less pm's to reply to) and easier for the prospective applicant as the info would be published up front.

makes sense.
    "syndicate spaces available" dose not help any one.

Thanks for the suggestions, Apache's list does make perfect sense I agree.

The issues I have are as follows:

1) We are gaining rules at a rate of knots and people don't read them.
    2) Say we action Apache's list... do we make it guidance only or mandatory?
    3) If 2) is guidance only: a) we struggle to make people read the hard and fast rules, let alone guidance!, b) people responding to the ad quoting the guidance "hey you haven't specified a cull" - then we are back to where we started, moderating posts
    4) If 2) is mandatory - moderating problems as per 3)b) and, now we have to enforce it.... I'm going to have to start deleting syndicate ads which don't follow the rules. Do you want me to do that if you might have been the lucky one?

I promise you I'm not trying to shirk out of work here... just trying to make an environment where people think "hey, I have syndicate places, we need them filled quick.... SD!"

Alex

People put syndicates together for various reasons. Some may be dissatisfied with those already in a lease type syndicate and want to keep it quiet whilst they arrange for new members, many want the location kept quiet in case someone else approaches the owners.

The SD site is the only site where all members get the opportunity to find and go stalking. I for one would rather see it left as it is.

If you want a syndicate place then apply to the OP, but don't start moaning when they do not get back to you within 24 hours. People have to work, and sometimes arranging a lease can be a delicate operation with other issues involved. I for one would not want anyone who started bleating about my not getting back to them within a couple of days in a syndicate I was arranging.

So lets just leave it as it is, otherwise it could put people off posting on here, and then everyone looses out!!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.