Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: list of shooting sticks

list of shooting sticks

I have been asked by an editor to conduct a review of various shooting sticks available on the market for a magazine. Can you guys suggest sticks I should consider?

Working now a the detachable magazine conversions for the Remington 700. So far I have units from Accurate Mag, Badger Ordnance, H-S Precision, and Surgeon Rifles. The H-S looks more at home ona hunting rifle with lines very close to the factory bottom metal while the others have tactical appearance but do utilize easy to find AI pattern magazines......

ThXX
    SS

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post
    I have been asked by an editor to conduct a review of various shooting sticks available on the market for a magazine. Can you guys suggest sticks I should consider?

Working now a the detachable magazine conversions for the Remington 700. So far I have units from Accurate Mag, Badger Ordnance, H-S Precision, and Surgeon Rifles. The H-S looks more at home ona hunting rifle with lines very close to the factory bottom metal while the others have tactical appearance but do utilize easy to find AI pattern magazines......

ThXX
    SS
    A straight hazel stick with a forked end cut from a hazel coppice seems to work just fine and is very, very cheap.
    On the other end of the market the Corinium Craddle is the Rolls Royce of shooting sticks.
    Anything in between I have always found disappointing.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by MARCBO View Post

ThXX
    SS
    Having recently taken delivery of a pair of quad sticks, made by Tony aka Limilus , who very kindly made them at short notice and took the time to fully demonstrate how best to use them, they are ridiculously stable and rock steady, very well made and will make a very wise investment to someones stalking gear.

I saw them while up in Kelso, and foolishly forgot to go back for a set, two friends who i stalk with plus a load on here use them too, and i was very impressed,they must be worth a try.

I have used Knoblochs for donkeys years, primarily the twin sticks and more recently (and not often) the triple stick. I have found them to be sturdy, reliable and without the flaccid collapse that the chinese copies suffer from.

LRR
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    I have used Knoblochs for donkeys years, primarily the twin sticks and more recently (and not often) the triple stick. I have found them to be sturdy, reliable and without the flaccid collapse that the chinese copies suffer from.

LRR
    +1. I think the knoblochs are very good.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Knoblochs are excellent , they have managed to survive 12 years of my abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    +1. I think the knoblochs are very good.
    +1,never used knoblochs but love it when you post on the forum BK,keep HER posting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    +1,never used knoblochs but love it when you post on the forum BK,keep HER posting!!!!!

Will do matey.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I started my shooting career on home made quad sticks which were made from B&Q type garden stakes. I found them to be noisy on some surfaces and slow to deploy resulting in a couple of beasts escaping. Now I use the primos trigger stick (3 legged) and think they are great and adjust easily for sloped surfaces or uneven ground which most others can't do.

I like the BogPod RL3 from Bog Gear in the USA - they are incredibly stable but when folded are skinny enough to feel like a single walking pole. Having used a wide selection of sticks and rests over the years, these are now the ones I use by default, because they work really well.

There are a variety of interchangeable heads available, including an excellent micro-adjustable camera head, which is brilliant when you are using a spotting scope.

Adam.