Thread: Joe West stocks

Joe West stocks

If you like top quality laminated wood stocks, you'll likely have heard of or had dealings with Joe West Stocks in deepest Norfolk. This outfit is producing some really nice semi-finished bits of wood for target, tactical and sporting rifles. (I use a West F-Class stock on one of my match rifles and love it!)

This is just to say I've noticed that it has a new website for those looking for a brouse / update, (or who've not heard we have a domestic manufacturer before now).

http://www.joewestriflestocks.com/

They are great. BUT be prepared for a very long wait and all the excuses under the sun as to why your stocks not ready.
    That's if you actualy get them to answer the phone, reply to emails or have the manners to reply to voice messages.
    Once bitten twice shy I'm afraid.

We answer the phone when we hear it (sometimes we have loud machines running) and all voice messages and emails are responded to. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us but please contact us directly with your grievance so it can be resolved. Joe West Riflestocks

Its a good website, great image of the rifle on the logs

They look fantastic, I believe they have made a stock for Robert bucknell too for his cam

Quote Originally Posted by nick100 View Post
    They are great. BUT be prepared for a very long wait and all the excuses under the sun as to why your stocks not ready.
    That's if you actualy get them to answer the phone, reply to emails or have the manners to reply to voice messages.
    Once bitten twice shy I'm afraid.
    +1, ended up getting a boyds in the end.

Ive left at least 10 messages and e- mails over the last 12 months with them,

in the end I bought a copy carver and some laminate blanks from Boyd's and now make my own for all my rifles.

They were very kind to me.
    I put up a 'wanted' post on another site as I was struggling to find a Pachmyer recoil pad. They contacted me and supplied me one at cost to help me out.
    I thought that was a very nice thing to do.

Yorkie

Well, Joe rang me back the day after I left a message for him last week. I placed an order, sent payment and was quoted 4 weeks for delivery. I'll let you know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    Well, Joe rang me back the day after I left a message for him last week. I placed an order, sent payment and was quoted 4 weeks for delivery. I'll let you know how it works out.
    Had a phone call from Joe 2 days ago to say the stock was ready. It arrived today, 4 weeks to the day since I placed the order. Better finished than I expected too.