Thread: A TSD Exclusive, Damasteel Knives...

A TSD Exclusive, Damasteel Knives...

These are a bit of a bargain in my opinion and I'm offering them here solely, I wasn't going to sell them but being good knives and spot on for use by some here, here they are...

First the story, I'm selling these as seconds, they are not perfect and the price will without doubt reflect that, they are remnants from a project between I and a friend, he basically dabbled with roughing the main bevels on a milling machine, not grinding, then I finished them by my traditional method afterwards, the milling however was not all that great, all I could do though was follow the roughing with not enough material left to make them spot on, so the bevels might not be perfect, or as good as I would like anyway...

Also, most display a slight set/bend through the length, not a lot, maybe a couple or three mm or so, some less, this a result of heat treatment after milling/grinding/finishing, it was another experiment that didn't work out just as planned

As a result of the above they got shelved, until now...

I hope that I am preparing you for a worst case scenario here, expect a knife to arrive with terrible grinds and bent like a banana and when one of these arrives you should be happy, I see much worse than these offered for sale all the time...

They are all pretty much identical and this is one of them and I have 10 of them in total...

They are all cut from 4mm stock Twist pattern Damasteel, blades are 80mm in length and overall they measure about 200mm...

The blades are polished with a hollow grind and the tangs are tapered...

The handles are of black/grey G10 and are secured by a stainless steel hidden bolt in the rear and a 10mm swaged stainless tube to the front...

The handles are finished to around 240g, that is how they will arrive...

There are no blade markings...

No sheaths are supplied...

The steel for these was purchased as prime stock, 38x4mm Damasteel, that does not come cheap by any stretch...

To that end my price for these is an all in 220, that includes RMSD delivery to you in the UK and PayPal fees, PayPal being my preferred for these, other payment options won't be a deal breaker though...

220 is set in order for my to clear 200 for each after delivery etc, I reckon 200 for these is less than my actual costs for each one, the steel alone might have been 150 or so each...

The price for these has been dropped to 200 each, all in...

I'll check each one over before I post out and make sure all are in good order (save for the problems mentioned above) so it'll take a couple of weeks or so to work through the 10 of them, if you fancy one I'll not be asking for any money until yours is ready to go and I'll sort deliveries in order of orders placed...

They are a lovely thing these and in the usability stakes as good as the 500+ knives they could have been, I suppose like this a way of getting what could have been a very expensive knife out there being used for not a lot of cash for what it is...

Cheers all, Stu.
    Last edited by Stuart Mitchell; 07-09-2014 at 10:49.

Tell you what, all considered, I'll make them a straight 200, all in, job done....

Evenin', I have to say that I did expect more of an uptake on these, I think maybe I undersold them, I think I'd rather it that way though than folk being disappointed upon arrival

Funny thing is that although it took me an age to decide to sell them, now I have decided to I will sell them, decision made so they have to go...

I wonder if an included sheath might sweeten the deal enough?

Same 200 all in, now including a sheath...

Hi,Ill have one pm with payment details.Dave

Hi,knife arrived friday cracking bit of kit feels realy good in the hand thanks for the other items Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by GWP View Post
    Hi,knife arrived friday cracking bit of kit feels realy good in the hand thanks for the other items Dave.
    Cheers Dave, thanks for letting me know...

I think these have had long enough now, I don't want to leave them languishing, these are now withdrawn...

Thanks again TSD...