Thread: Rabbit Guts and Trees

Rabbit Guts and Trees

Has anyone else noticed the magnet qualities of trees / bushes and rabbit guts.

Last night when disposing of some guts in the hedges they always seem to catch on the smallest twig possible looking like gory Christmas tree decorations that Tim Burton would be proud of!!

I could understand the odd one getting shut but had three of our four last night

Don't worry about it Tim the crows will soon devour them. I shot 67 last night and most ended up hanging in the hawthorn but I bet that they are all gone now as the Crows,Jays and Magpies soon home in on them. If you want a good day on the crows on stubble put a Rabbit out with it's guts hanging out you won't be long before you have your 1st shot.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Don't worry about it Tim the crows will soon devour them. I shot 67 last night and most ended up hanging in the hawthorn but I bet that they are all gone now as the Crows,Jays and Magpies soon home in on them. If you want a good day on the crows on stubble put a Rabbit out with it's guts hanging out you won't be long before you have your 1st shot.

Jimbo
    +1 great for attracting corvids
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I have nothing to add, I just wanted two Jimbo's and a Jim commenting in succession

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    I have nothing to add, I just wanted two Jimbo's and a Jim commenting in succession
    Well done Greener Jim now it's 4 in a row . Did you shoot a Greener I had a 32" GP Full Choke with Martini action single shot as a kid in the sixties. I called it the smoke pole as it smoked clays for fun.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Jim View Post
    Is that what they call a multigym?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Well done Greener Jim now it's 4 in a row . Did you shoot a Greener I had a 32" GP Full Choke with Martini action single shot as a kid in the sixties. I called it the smoke pole as it smoked clays for fun.

Jimbo
    I do indeed. I found the same, used to let them get away a bit then dust 'em. Great guns. Now the same gun is a .357 Magnum ultra carbine....as you do

Simon, for some unknown reason that tickled me more than it should!