2014 Roe buck season review

Long and hard with hot days, tall cover and little activity. However I still achieved my annual cull of 20 bucks.

Just started my Fallow pricket/sorrel cull and took 3 this weekend with clients off the site. One good size sorrel weighing in with the skin off at 110lbs and two good sized prickets as well.

Not as good as normal but we did loose a large area that we take a few bucks from for three months.

Been a good buck season for me 6 bucks and still not finished, picked up 2 new permissions and joined a pheasant syndicate for my first season on birds, it's a funny world this stalking world can go from nothing going your way to everything turning up at once.

Quieter year on bucks for me this year i did fewer outings and finished with around 20 less than last year
Did have a couple of really good outings calling bucks for novices this year tho so fairly happy really
Start on stags in ten days time:eek:

17 this year so far thats including inviting a few lads from the sd and managed to get them a couple. Maybe a couple of bronze among them. Just waiting on the older and wiser bucks appearing at the end of the season as they always do

Best season for us medal wise but we only stalk roe bucks april , may and early june

andy

Back