Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSC1 cancelled. Again

DSC1 cancelled. Again

Hi all,
    It seems I have no luck at all with this sponsored DSC lark!
    My course was originally meant to be back in April, but they had to cancel due to lack of numbers. No worries, I just re-booked for the next nearby course in October.
    Unfortunately the nice lady from BASC has just left me a voicemail to say they've had to cancel this one as well! Totally gutted, I'd been looking forward to getting the course under my belt, but now I'm faced with a dilemma of whether to book on to a course further afield and look at staying overnight somewhere (spending all my stalking money) or wait until they publish dates for some more courses next year and hope there's one closer to home and thay it won't get cancelled.
    I wonder what it is that makes this venue unpopular...

Oh well, chin up I suppose whilst I work out what to do!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Find one near Dorset, your welcome to stay in the spare room.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

David Stretton @ Donnington deer management runs them throughout the year,Hes based just outside derby.
    Donington Deer Management | Founded 1990

I'm not sure how much of a travel that is from where you are,but you'll gain a hell of a lot from him over a few days.

Hi Simon we have a level 1 running in October with on site accommodation your more than welcome to join us.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

we have never cancelled a course yet put 50 (100% pass) through this year, 10 x 5 roughly. We have finished this year but will have one next march. we already have interest but no date yet. Its a 2 day course so you only need 1 night from home. @ £30 B+B do yourself a favor give us a go
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 09-09-2014 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by gelert View Post
    David Stretton @ Donnington deer management runs them throughout the year,Hes based just outside derby.
    Donington Deer Management | Founded 1990

I'm not sure how much of a travel that is from where you are,but you'll gain a hell of a lot from him over a few days.
    + 1 for donnington

being let down twice is really not on. There is masses of competition for lv1 courses.
    you need to look at a different provider with a better track record of doing what they say. some providers will run courses with less than ideal numbers rather then let people down some wont.
    i know that piered and yorkshiredeerstalking have excellent attandance and pass rates.

There must be some one not too far from you that you will get better service from
    Last edited by beer can; 09-09-2014 at 19:58.

Thanks all for the recommendations, but as I've got the course through the site's sponsorship/bursary scheme I need to stick with BASC. I agree it's a shame, but these things happen and as organisers they can't afford to run the course if they won't even cover their costs. Frustrating for all involved.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

That is really crappy.

We are only just in September now, so quite why they are cancelling an October course already is curious. Particularly after a first let down.

Insufficient numbers doesn't sound like a plausible excuse x2.

Training businesses should be not be run on such a knife edge that they have to fill every place to scrape by enough margin to make it worthwhile, and speculatively take bookings before they commit to actually delivering. Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth to maintain a reputation.

Perhaps David Basc. could investigate.

I went with BDs. a few years ago. Under subscription was not an issue then, you had to book smartish before they were oversubscribed.

Perhaps the independents are more efficient ...