Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Butt Cheek Piece

Rifle Butt Cheek Piece

Looking for cheek piece to sleeve on rifle but to raise eye height to scope.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

I have one which is a canvas type with a neoprene pad inside and it laces on…it does the cheek raising bit fine, but it prevents the bolt being removed. I advise you to look out for one with a velcro or similar attachment system which would remove the hassle of unlacing and lacing...

Alan

Hi Mark,

I've got a couple of these for different rifles; made of leather & supplied by Macleods of Tain. Made by something like Akah? Easy to put on & tight once there. I find I can just push the front of it to the side to allow the bolt to be extracted, although it's only a one popper clip if you just want to take it off. It also has rubber non-slip pads on the inside but I found I didn't need them as it was so tight & they also made it wider when I was only looking for height. I have one on a .22 I hardly ever use that you are welcome to borrow,

J

Attachment 46728

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    Hi Mark,

I've got a couple of these for different rifles; made of leather & supplied by Macleods of Tain. Made by something like Akah? Easy to put on & tight once there. I find I can just push the front of it to the side to allow the bolt to be extracted, although it's only a one popper clip if you just want to take it off. It also has rubber non-slip pads on the inside but I found I didn't need them as it was so tight & they also made it wider when I was only looking for height. I have one on a .22 I hardly ever use that you are welcome to borrow,

J

Attachment 46728

Hi John,

Thanks for the kind offer,may take you up on it.Just looking at a variety of options,have tried making with foam cushion and tape but looks awful.Was yours an of the peg ,or was it built to spec ?
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    I have one which is a canvas type with a neoprene pad inside and it laces on…it does the cheek raising bit fine, but it prevents the bolt being removed. I advise you to look out for one with a velcro or similar attachment system which would remove the hassle of unlacing and lacing...

Alan
    Thanks for the advice

Standard stock (geddit?) item. Well made German stuff but 50. I liked it enough to buy 2

Swillingtons and Reloading solutions have them. My only issue was taking them off a wooden stock for cleaning and then being able to replace them in the right place. MIght ask Mr Bourner on the next marksmanship course.

A couple of years ago I was in a similar predicament as I was experimenting with the earlier Gen 1 night vision units which sat "high up"

By far the most effective set up was a home made job made using the 22mm grey foam pipe insulation! After cutting the length to suit the butt, it was opened up and shaped using a very sharp blade. Another section was placed on top and both sections taped together and taped to the butt.

I had went to considerable expense and risk to my wooden stalk in looking for a solution and ended up with a very easy removed and temporary set up costing only pennies in money and a couple of hours in time.

Its worth a try before laying out on alterations which may have a detrimental effect on your stock which you are then stuck with.

Both my RWS Titans have pipe foam on it does the job. My tikka 695 has a beartooth neoprene cover with shaped foam underneath works well cost about 20.0)
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

I have a brown Akah leather one which is held by a pop fastner and elastic which i got in Germany and had on a wooden stocked rifle that is now surplus to requirements. Can't remember how much I paid for it but PM me if your interested/want photos etc.

Infact it is the same one pictured by McKenzie.