Thread: Harkila ProHunter ventilation

Harkila ProHunter ventilation

My temperature regulation has always been poor, so I prefer active winter clothing with ventilation zips. According to what I could find online:
    • ProHunter jacket: under-arm zips
    • ProHunter X jacket: under-arm zips
    • ProHunter trousers: ???
    • ProHunter X trousers: thigh zips

So, I ordered both the jacket and trousers from the ProHunter X range, but the jacket I got did not have under-arm zips (the trousers do indeed have thigh zips).

I've kept the trousers and sent the jacket back for exchange for the older version. I've seen a picture of it with under-arm zips, so hopefully it wasn't some pre-production sample.

Happily the older version also comes in one size smaller. I was unable to follow the "two sizes down" advice because my suit-jacket size is already the smallest they make in the ProHunter X. I still can't get two sizes down in the older ProHunter, but I can at least get one size down.

Anyway, just a head's up for anyone else. I'll post later when the exchange arrives whether or not it actually has under-arm zips, and what one-size-down is like.

Cheers,
    Jeff.

JeffYoung
    I have the old prohunter jkt in a 52 and the prohunter x in a 50 so 1 size is about right,

I saw someone wearing some pro hunters at the weekend at a dog event, I thought he had ripped his trousers, as I could clearly see his backside, I thought it a little odd personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    JeffYoung
    I have the old prohunter jkt in a 52 and the prohunter x in a 50 so 1 size is about right,
    Hi Gunner,

Good to know, thanks. Do either of your jackets have under-arm zips for ventilation?

Cheers,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    Hi Gunner,

Good to know, thanks. Do either of your jackets have under-arm zips for ventilation?

Cheers,
    Jeff.
    The Pro Hunter X doesn't have under arm zips and I sold mine as it would be too warm. Eventually bought a Harkila Jacun jacket which does have under arm zips and is much lighter.

i have the old pro hunter jacket and it definitely has ventilation zips on both sides under the arms.

Excellent, sounds like I'll be set when the replacement arrives.

Thanks lads.