Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting insurance

Shooting insurance

Evening all,just wondering if anyone knows of a good deal for a group insurance.were with ca but they want 50 each per member(14 in our group).We are friends who do a small shoot for ourselves and also individually shoot shotgun and rifles.
    cheers all
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    sacs
    +1 sacs 26

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    sacs
    Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    +1 sacs 26
    Cheers fellas.
    dave

Our syndicate insists all members join the BASC syndicate type cover which not only covers you but beaters, flagmen and all 3rd party interests. We had an incident ten years ago where five breeding ewes got into a pen and ate wheat. A vet was called and he saved two and BASC paid up... Ask your insurer what is actually covered and you will find the BASC scheme covers all eventualities. (59) each.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Our syndicate insists all members join the BASC syndicate type cover which not only covers you but beaters, flagmen and all 3rd party interests. We had an incident ten years ago where five breeding ewes got into a pen and ate wheat. A vet was called and he saved two and BASC paid up... Ask your insurer what is actually covered and you will find the BASC scheme covers all eventualities. (59) each.
    Ditto. BASC are excellent when there's an issue. Regards JCS

I have been looking into this for a group I help with and BASC seems to offer the most comprehensive policy that covers visitors to the shoot, work parties, committee members etc if a claim were to be made against the syndicate as a whole. A lot of the other policies cover the individual who is shooting but not the syndicate itself. Truly a case of reading the small print!!

+1 for BASC as not only do they provide better insurance they are also acting as a pressure group on behalf of all shooters.

Mulac

SACS changed their underwriters last year and the policy is now rather different from what it was.

There is now an excess on claims, it has become a policy of last resort, it no longer covers foreign trips, it no longer covers FAC application appeals (SACS will still assist but using its own funds).

I think it is a rather diminished policy, compared with the original.

I renewed with SACS this year, but will be reviewing my choice next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    it [SACS] has become a policy of last resort
    Really?!