How the Bloody Hell is this Possible ?

Tulloch

Now this is funny , finally got my scope zeroed after getting it back from Kahles , had issue with scope being loose then thanks to Chrislumox we got that all settled a fitted and now found a weird reason why I was having so much issue, when you click up the reticle goes down and vice versa and when you click left the reticle goes right and vice versa, Have Kahles messed up when refitting the scope lol ?????

Praps I should add more?
If the reticle moves down when you turn the dial up then your poi moves up as it should and the same applies to the windage reticle adjustment

see i was thinking that but on the scope it says different so it is doing the opposite of what it is telling me on the scope and for some reason although it made sense to me my brain was not engaging

You shouldn't be seeing the reticle move at all, whichever way you twizzle the dial!

Whichever way results in bullet impact getting where you want it, note it on a small slip of paper and stick it inside the turret cap for avoidance of a future senior-like moment.

K

You shouldn't be seeing the reticle move at all, whichever way you twizzle the dial!

Whichever way results in bullet impact getting where you want it, note it on a small slip of paper and stick it inside the turret cap for avoidance of a future senior-like moment.

K

I only noticed the error when I was bore-sighting with a laser at first hence why I saw which way the reticle was moving . See I never had to zero this when I first bought it as I bought it is part of the package with the .270 and whoever had owned it before had the zero spot on and I was shooting tiny groups wherever I wanted to hit, the problem has only arose since I had to remove the scope to send back to Kahles for a misting problem iniside the tube so I never had to play with the turrets and it is completely different from the Nikon We have on the .243 which was a brand new scope and had to be properly zeroed from the start.... Don't worry I am not going to be making the same mistake again lol

I only noticed the error when I was bore-sighting with a laser at first hence why I saw which way the reticle was moving . See I never had to zero this when I first bought it as I bought it is part of the package with the .270 and whoever had owned it before had the zero spot on and I was shooting tiny groups wherever I wanted to hit, the problem has only arose since I had to remove the scope to send back to Kahles for a misting problem iniside the tube so I never had to play with the turrets and it is completely different from the Nikon We have on the .243 which was a brand new scope and had to be properly zeroed from the start.... Don't worry I am not going to be making the same mistake again lol

OKIDOKI. I didn't intend to question your competence.

Simply read it wrong and just making the point, in a slightly obtuse manner I guess, that in all but very vintage scopes the cross wires are fixed and it is a certain lens that is shifted by the clicks.

K

OKIDOKI. I didn't intend to question your competence.

Simply read it wrong and just making the point, in a slightly obtuse manner I guess, that in all but very vintage scopes the cross wires are fixed and it is a certain lens that is shifted by the clicks.

K

NO NO mate , I fully apreciate the advice , bloody thing has mystified me lol

When it comes to shooting , I am ok but when it comes to the actual working of scopes I am a complete novice and still learning , Ideally I would have liked someone to zer it for me lol

Last edited:
It's down to the difference between how things are said (or understood) between German and English. In English we see H on a scope turret we expect the shot to be adjusted higher if we turn it that way. To a German H still means "higher", but it's saying "if your shot went higher than intended, turn it this way and your next shot will go lower"

I only noticed the error when I was bore-sighting with a laser at first hence why I saw which way the reticle was moving .

That probably is the explanation.

The standard way turrets work, is clockwise moves the point of impact down or left. Imagine they are a standard screw, attached to the POI

In order to move the point of impact down or left, the reticle has to be moved up or right.

Since you were using a boresighter, you could see the way the reticle moved compared with the laser dot.

I use an optical collimator, and you see exactly the same thing.

If it works the other way around, then yes the Kahles is an odball...

It's down to the difference between how things are said (or understood) between German and English. In English we see H on a scope turret we expect the shot to be adjusted higher if we turn it that way. To a German H still means "higher", but it's saying "if your shot went higher than intended, turn it this way and your next shot will go lower"

Is this actually true?

Is this actually true?
Yes. It's how the sights are marked on my Feinwerkbau target pistol. Bei links (with Left) actually moves the POI right, bei tief (with low) actually moves the shot higher.
Most German scopes (I think) are now marked to correspond with the English meaning, but judging from the original post, it looks like some aren't.

Yes. It's how the sights are marked on my Feinwerkbau target pistol. Bei links (with Left) actually moves the POI right, bei tief (with low) actually moves the shot higher.
Most German scopes (I think) are now marked to correspond with the English meaning, but judging from the original post, it looks like some aren't.

The preposition bei here seems to mean not with, as you suggest, but rather in the case of.

Thus, bei links means in the case of left - i.e. if the shot falls left, turn this way and the POI will move right.

I'm sure Edi will offer further thoughts

Back