Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weston Park? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

SD Regular

Weston Park? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I went many years ago and it had an excellent row of gun sellers. But friends say that in the last few years it is nothing like. They say a "waste of time". So opinions please!

es
    yep I have to agree. It's a bit of a ritual with me though and even though it has gone down the pits I still end up going!! It's still a pleasant day out with son and mates.

UK Guy

been a few times in last few years some good shooting stalls, but good luck getting seen to unless your top pockets full and your all in tweed,oh and a four legged rat on a string in tow and a blonde bimbo in pink by your side, but you will still have a good day out mate,atb doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    been a few times in last few years some good shooting stalls, but good luck getting seen to unless your top pockets full and your all in tweed,oh and a four legged rat on a string in tow and a blonde bimbo in pink by your side, but you will still have a good day out mate,atb doug,
    Are we talking about the same Weston Park, the Midland Game Fair?
    I seem to recall it being more like cammo and tattoos event with lurchers and terriers. It's always been more of a working man's event than the country landowners game fair.

Gunmakers row had certainly gone downhill a bit the last time I went two years ago, literally it had been relocated further downhill.
    There was also a large contingent of the travelling community running riot and causing problems for the stallholders. A number of thefts were reported not just from the stalls but also from cars parked in the car parks where punters had taken their purchases back to the car for "safety" midday.
    Last edited by 8x57; 11-09-2014 at 22:50.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The good the bad and the pikey ! But then the cla had its share too this year .

I'll be sticking with a single show, Kelso.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

It's an event that brings a lot of people with similar interest together in the same place. It can be a great opportunity to meet up with friends too seldom seen. It can be a way to bundle several shopping trips into one if you can't wait until the BSS. It can also be a place to go to for a day out, a wander round, and a bit of amateur anthropology.

Oh, and if you don't like eating overpriced rubbish for lunch, take your favourite delicacies with you so that you don't have to waste electrons/neurons complaining about the scandalous cost of a burger in forums afterwards.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

For a walk around the stalls and mingle with the plus fours and the tweed brigade or the pikey shoplifters its a miss for me
    Have you seen the prices they charge to look about
    Midland Game Fair Admission Prices

On the Day Ticket Prices 2014 - NEW FOR 2014! - Under 16's go Free!
    Adult (16 years +) - £20.00

Children (15 and Under) - FREE (when accompanied by a full paying adult)

Event Programme - £3.00

£40 FOR ME AND THE MRS NO THANKS

Hi I last went to Weston park a few years ago and it had lost its way then with funfairs and trades people selling things not associated with field sports, a shame really because it used to be such a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Are we talking about the same Weston Park, the Midland Game Fair?
    I seem to recall it being more like cammo and tattoos event with lurchers and terriers. It's always been more of a working man's event than the country landowners game fair.

Gunmakers row had certainly gone downhill a bit the last time I went two years ago, literally it had been relocated further downhill.
    There was also a large contingent of the travelling community running riot and causing problems for the stallholders. A number of thefts were reported not just from the stalls but also from cars parked in the car parks where punters had taken their purchases back to the car for "safety" midday.
    I echo your comments I went two years ago and thought it was PIKEY FEST and will NEVER go again. Don't know where AN DU RU FOX has been but it aint the Midland that' for sure.

Jimbo