Stolen high seat - Yorkshire

eldon

Gutted went to my permission tonight and was watching two foxes 250 yds away through my binos. As they weren't coming closer I decided to go and have a sit in my highseat. On the way there I spotted something black in the grass, 8astards, yep it was my ratchet strap. Once at the spot all was gone but a climb up the tree revealed the cable lock had been chopped.

Now this piece of land has no footpaths and only the landowner and myself knew it was there. It was well hidden inside a hawthorn bush. Now I'm not so naive to think that a cable lock is going to save anything but for some scum to come along and clean cut the lock and ratchet strap off they had obviously planned this. The theft is from the Monk Fryston area of Yorkshire.

This is the item in question and if anybody hears of one being offered can they drop me a pm.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Stalking-High-Seat-Tree-Ladder-Back-Pack-5195.htm

Please let this be a warning to everyone!

sorry to here that.. i often think one day i will walk round the corner to find mine gone....its just how this world is these days .. nothing is ever safe as long as people are around

if it helps i made this one for about 40 quid

a lovely place to be

I had my high seat stolen a few years ago it was padlocked and chained I never got it back so you have my sympathy

Absolute scumbags.....nothing lower than a thief. I hope you are one of the lucky ones that get their items back.

I sympathize there, had 2 trailers and other gear nicked , I look forward to the day I stumble upon them making off with my stuff...they could put my Devon shovel to good use, while we discuss the weather!:eek:

Hi,
Just a thought but it's the right time of your for the scrotes in the subaru 4x4's to be driving the stubble so that could be where it's gone
Regards
Jimmy

Last edited:
Cheers guys for your sympathies. Been for a walk round and made a few inquiries so lets see if anything comes of it.

Bobt; it turns out there has been quite a lot of pikey activity recently and, so I'm told, there is about 100 vans knocking around Ponti,

Lets this be a warning for any of you guys in the area!

Cheers guys for your sympathies. Been for a walk round and made a few inquiries so lets see if anything comes of it.

Bobt; it turns out there has been quite a lot of pikey activity recently and, so I'm told, there is about 100 vans knocking around Ponti,

Lets this be a warning for any of you guys in the area!
that's cause it's ledger week at Doncaster pal !!!!!!

had a scooter stolen from outside ma n pa,s when the big statutes fair was in town ,cops came back with we know where its gone but if u try n get it back youl get arrested for bla bla bla:-|.warning me to not to try n get my property back from the travelling vermin .correct me if im wrong but aint the police supposed to arrest crims n not the person theyve robbed:banghead:

had a scooter stolen from outside ma n pa,s when the big statutes fair was in town ,cops came back with we know where its gone but if u try n get it back youl get arrested for bla bla bla:-|.warning me to not to try n get my property back from the travelling vermin .correct me if im wrong but aint the police supposed to arrest crims n not the person theyve robbed:banghead:

No tb pal sorry but ya got it all wrong their a minority group of society so it all get turned a blind eye to just like what happened to all those poor young kids in Rotherham,
PC........ The ruination of a fantastic country! !!!!!!!
sorry to OP. For getting off subject but as I know him and he'd agree with me let's just say have a bump on ya post bud !!
rant over
Jimmy

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but ours are all knocked up out the scrap bin, everyone different in a lot of ways, totally recognisable, & no financial loss involved,used to own proprietary made stuff, but sold it on... too risky to leave cash items around these days.

Depending on how expensive your seat is then maybe something like this? Pricey, but if it gets around that seats are tracked they might move on. Might make the scrappy less likely to buy stuff if he gets a few visits from Rozzers enquiring why stolen goods were last tracked to his yard.

Track-Pod 3 GPS Tracker

If you build it into the seat pad / leg somewhere you can't see it then at least you know when it starts to move. Looks like you could SMS it to give more frequent updates if you saw it was moving and leave it on once a day updates apart from that?

On my high seat I had welded a bracket on the high that gos against the tree and I put 2 6 inch rag bolts in the tree and its not coming out easy with out a rachet that might help slow the *******s down next time for ya.:D

Gutted went to my permission tonight and was watching two foxes 250 yds away through my binos. As they weren't coming closer I decided to go and have a sit in my highseat. On the way there I spotted something black in the grass, 8astards, yep it was my ratchet strap. Once at the spot all was gone but a climb up the tree revealed the cable lock had been chopped.

Now this piece of land has no footpaths and only the landowner and myself knew it was there. It was well hidden inside a hawthorn bush. Now I'm not so naive to think that a cable lock is going to save anything but for some scum to come along and clean cut the lock and ratchet strap off they had obviously planned this. The theft is from the Monk Fryston area of Yorkshire.

This is the item in question and if anybody hears of one being offered can they drop me a pm.

http://www.scottcountry.co.uk/products-Stalking-High-Seat-Tree-Ladder-Back-Pack-5195.htm

Please let this be a warning to everyone!

hi i went to check my high seat yesterday and found it bent in half by some asshole,probably the pikey scum that lamp it .it was still up the tree but the ladder was the bit that was bent.ade:stag::hind::fox:

Or get one of your trailcams set up watching the seat. Waste of a unit, but you can then hand a video and photo dossier to Brenda's finest to track the scum down. if they can be bothered.

hi i went to check my high seat yesterday and found it bent in half by some asshole,probably the pikey scum that lamp it .it was still up the tree but the ladder was the bit that was bent.ade:stag::hind::fox:

Id suspect antis rather than pikeys. Wouldn't the pikeys have nicked it for scrap?

Back