Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BASC Scheme on Arran

BASC Scheme on Arran

With the new FC rules what is going to happen to the BASC scheme on Arran that we where told would carry on the same as always until the lease was due.

Account Suspended
    Thats a good question, has the lease expired and will BASC be continuing with the scheme if these new F.C rules are implemented.

I dont know what will happen with that particular ground but my experience of FC is that they will change the rules to suit themselves.

I have a FC lease that years ago were told to get everyone DSC2 within 12 months. That didn't happen so they relaxed slightly about it. A few years down the line and they are now quoting what others are, if you are level 1, then you need to be accompanied.

I think that this is the realisation that there are not as many level 2's as they were anticipating, so level 1's can be part of a lease, but with sanctions.

These are not the only changes; how about a maximum of 4 stalkers on any piece of ground (lease). That increases costs as the syndicates are reduced in size.........FC are really thinking this out aren't they

Account Suspended
    Things are really tightening up on my leases and I have a few as being part of several syndicates the F.C insist that all rifles are listed on the lease so as no sub leasing is allowed, further they insist you contact the Wild life Manager or Ranger 20 minutes prior to entry to the forest and again 30 minutes before leaving so they know who is in and when you leave.
    So if anyones thinking of taking a prospective candidate to do the DSC2 porfolio they want to know and your lease goes up accordingly to cover it being used for monetary gain .
    Anyone taking on a lease really wants to verify the terms and conditions to the letter

Account Suspended
    I understand that this Lease is up for re tender in April is B.A.S.C going to re tender for it knowing that the F.C rulings will apply in respect to only DSC2 holders being able to stalk the ground. or are they going to let it go.

As we are aware in the past this facility had been offered by B.A.S.C to holders of DSC1 but F.C ruling appears that those who previously had DSC1 can no longer shoot.

Whats the latest on this scenario?
    Thanks
    Stu

It begs the question, How many incidents, if any have been recorded against Level 1 holders on FC ground?..........due to the lack of competence that is being implied!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    Very True Finnbear what concerns me the Scottish Forestry Commision is a different body than the Forestry Commision in England. Are the English F.C likely to follow the Scottish example and tighten leases South of the border?

It would not take a suing barrister long to pick up on the difference. An accident on FC land by L1 England. Same FC Scotland says the stalker is under-qualified. Not rocketscience what the claim is being centred on. Jim

I wonder how many "Active" level 2's are out there in the UK as a whole?, is it going to be very quiet in the future amongst the leases?, On telly this morning they were showing Roe that are moving into urban areas in a big way, is excluding the level 1 stalkers, (who'm I assume have been operating in a workmanlike manner so far), likely to worsen this trend?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Account Suspended
    According to DMQ their are 3000 registered completed portfolios in existance with the same amount again that are being worked on and yet to complete. Out of those 3000 that have it I know for a fact there are those that no longer stalk and some have died, others being forest operation employees who have had to take it as part of their skill base that comes with the job.

In my view 1/2 of the 3000 listed maybe operational/active a considertable number of those I suggest are in syndicates as a named gun like myself and stalking partner , personally I would not enter into a lease with the F.C as I have had dealing with them in the past and I feel they are a shower of c.... buts thats my personal view.
    As regards leases available they claim their are those out their snapping them up and a bidding war is taking place driving the cost of stalking up. Personally figures speak for themselves if they are bidding between themselves very few guys are involved and even if they are succesful in the bidding if its going to be a syndicate then they have to fill the places with someone who is already a DSC2 holder so that again reduces lease holders and the available punters on the ground are few and far between, Getting the lease in the first place may be a big step in itself but then filling the syndication then becomes a problem afterwards, my view is someones spoofing off at the gizzer saying that there is a bidding war on in respect to F.C leases and its all political trying to create a frenzy on a market place that the chosen few can pick and choose
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 25-03-2010 at 08:46.