Greenfields, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Bushy

I had a a strange experience today when I visited Salisbury to have a look at buying a new rifle from Greenfields.
On walking into the well stocked shop I was greeted by 3 yes 3 very pleasant young ladies who asked if I was looking for anything in particular or was I just browsing? I explained that I was looking to possibly buy a new .223 rifle so if there was someone around that could show me a few examples then that would be great.
This is where things got weird...! One of the young ladies went and got several boxed weapons assembled them, showed me the good and not so good points about each one and answered every question I asked!
I was at no point put under any pressure to buy any particular weapon, but when I had decided to make my purchase everything was put together checked and packed up for the journey home. The young lady even offered to help carry the various boxes to my car! (I must be looking old):confused:

The service I received was without doubt the best I have ever received from any gun shop I have visited so if your ever down in Wiltshire call in, you will be very surprised!!

Oh and the price paid was as good as the one I was quoted by one of the biggest retailers in the southwest!

So it's a big thumbs up and a thank you to Gabriella and the rest of the staff at Greenfields, I will be making them my preferred gun shop!:thumb:

Bushy

Last edited:
Bushy
good to hear people getting proper good old fashioned service
that's how things should be
bought a couple of guns from there in the past as you say excellent service
A couple of friends have had guns altered there recently and they are spot on at
what they do
regards pete

Bushy
good to hear people getting proper good old fashioned service
that's how things should be
bought a couple of guns from there in the past as you say excellent service
A couple of friends have had guns altered there recently and they are spot on at
what they do
regards pete

you can beat good old fashioned service! Especially from a woman!:D

I have found that since the new Manager took over things have changed greatly for the better.
I started a post about my recent trip to them not so long ago.

PS. Pete I get better service from them now than the other shop we used ;)

As the last post on here I only use them now great service, recently bought a new rifle from them begins with B and ends in er... Anyway great service and very fair on the trade in etc. highly recommended!

I too can vouch the service at Greenfields and glad to hear that Gabriella is still there.

Gabriella won't go anywhere, Matt her boss/husband won't let her !!!
Sometime her Ma-in-law helps out too when they are busy and they all seem to know their products.
I bought a new barrel from them for my B***er and did well out of it too.

Do they do secondhand Lefthand bolts for gay people who wear striped jackets? :D Just asking like because a friend of mine,not me of course, wants one.
They catered for me and made me very happy so they must be in a position to cater for almost anybody - oh, maybe not if you come from Hampshire with 1.401 posts :D

I have found that since the new Manager took over things have changed greatly for the better.
I started a post about my recent trip to them not so long ago.

PS. Pete I get better service from them now than the other shop we used ;)
if it's where I think your talking about eddy I phoned
there last week and they were closed for a stock take
or something
so I bought it else where and I'm talking a lot of money
ouch
regards Pete

Very good to hear when someone gets good service. Unlike my recent experience in a RFD shop in a small town just up the A38 from Plymouth. I went in the shop and was the only customer a lady at the desk asked what I wanted, to which I said I was looking for a new .243 what did they have? She pointed me to the gun rack and said they are over there in the corner. I went to look but all 243's were in a back row and (as expected) chained in. I looked around to the lady but she was busy talking to another staff member i caught her eye and thought she'd be over to help but not so, she ignored me and started to make a phone call I looked around for a few more minutes making it obvious I wanted some help but none came so I walked out in disgust. Since then I have spent over £2K on a new outfit, their loss and I will never return to that shop and would not recommend it to anyone. The excellent service I have got from a Cornwall RFD ensures I'll always return there for my requirements now.

Mike,
If you are talking about a shop in a Village something like Ivey etc etc about 12 miles up the A38 from Plymouth then I must say that was the first shop that I ever met a female assistant that knew anything about reloading.
It was about ten years ago when I was staying near Modbury and popped in like you do and was absolutely gob smacked by her knowledge.
If it is the same place then things have certainly changed since then.

Popped into Greenfield's today to pick up some factory ammo as I have to shoot a test, first class service from them, also picked up some heads and powder as they now have a small selection of home loading stuff.
well done to the there team.

Yes, Greenfields are my first choice also. Excellent service and good prices. Picking up a new rifle from them in the next few days. Bubble

Back