Pie and a pint in North Wilts.

Moonraker68

The Langley Tap, Langley Burrell (just outside Chippenham) has a pie night every Tuesday. I'm being lazy because its about 200 yards from me, but let me know if you're interested in coming along on 14 October. It's about £7 per person, and I'll need to book a table as it gets busy.

I'll be there just before 7.30pm; I'll book a table...although it sounds like there will only be a few of us.

There are about 8 of us so far, I'll book a table as it can get busy. All are welcome, so please let me know if you'd like to come along.

Well many thanks for a nice evening. In a pub with nice totty as well. Not that I was looking, no, not me. No siree.
Always nice to meet up with like minded people even if I can't understand their funny accents. Lol.
Interesting drive home in the fog and and on the back roads but well worth it.

glad I have tomorrow off..

Rupert,

Thanks for arranging the excellent meeting. I never seen a place so full, excellent pies, pity it was so busy. Also intresting distactions in the place, would appear that bar staff are very friendly when they were still for more than a second.

Very foggy drive home but a great evening.

Regards

D

Sorry guys, I couldn't make it as I was in A&E SDH until 01.30hrs this morning with my son, the one that had a heart attack last week.
Glad to hear you all enjoyed it as I'm sure I would have done too had I been there.
Maybe next time.

Thanks for the good wishes.
He was taken in two weeks ago on a Sunday evening and had three Stents put in his heart that same evening.
He is out now out but taking it easy and finding things a bit boring.
He reckons it should be classed as a fifty year service and now he is good for the next fifty years !
Unfortunately yesterday afternoon his heart missed a few beats and he felt hot and dizzy but it only lasted a few minutes, so disregarded it.
Then it came back again in the evening for a bit longer and that was it, a quick dash to the Hospital but no Helicopter this time !!
They hooked him up for an angio-gramme, X rayed him and took some blood for testing but they could find no reason for it and suggested it was 'Just one of those things' and to go home and if it happens again come back !!
So now he is home watching day time telly keeping his fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again !!
I wouldn't want that to be the same reason I miss the next meet up :(

Last edited:
Hi Eddy,Glad he's ok, sounds like he needs to seriously R+R!Alex
Hi Alex, I'm not sure I did the right thing in appointing his wife acting, unpaid, Sgt Major to keep him under control.
She is such a cracker it would give me palpitations seeing her about the house all day :D
She is spot on tho and knows the score because her father died of the same thing a few years ago so she knows the signs.
Sorry to pinch the thread guys, but had to explain my absence or might not get invited to the next meet up.

Sorry guys, I couldn't make it as I was in A&E SDH until 01.30hrs this morning with my son, the one that had a heart attack last week.
Glad to hear you all enjoyed it as I'm sure I would have done too had I been there.
Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that Eddy

Pass on my regards and best wishes to the Big man.

bob.

sorry for jumping on the thread

Back