Thread: Roll on the dark nights

Roll on the dark nights

The Armasight Drone Pro x10

What a great piece of kit, the build quality is top notch, two picatinny rails for acc like an IR illuminator or the wireless controller.

Optically its fantastic, capable of day and night time use, there is a bit of glare if its too sunny but still very useable.

Watched a lamp shy fox with it tonight but never managed to get a shot off.

Hopefully itl stand the test of time.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

knew you would like it :-)

did you buy the 5x or the 10x ( with doubler)?

I bought the optional AA battery pack holder then some recommended AA Duracell duralock rechargeables incase I ran out of they CR batterys ...plus cheaper in long run

yup roll on the long nites oot!! couple that with a spotter of Bruces .... never need white light again :-)

paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    knew you would like it :-)

did you buy the 5x or the 10x ( with doubler)?

I bought the optional AA battery pack holder then some recommended AA Duracell duralock rechargeables incase I ran out of they CR batterys ...plus cheaper in long run

yup roll on the long nites oot!! couple that with a spotter of Bruces .... never need white light again :-)

paul
    It's the x10 Paul.

heres one for you... When you take the doubler off does the POI change?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

ive not tried it but read bit on nightvision forum bout it & believe POI will differ

fizzbangwallop on here would maybe know more he very experienced with all things drone pro, fitting etc

what I did read was that it shouldn't be too difficult to take your X & Y co-ordinate numbers and take a note so you know your zero now.

then.. rezero to 5x if POI different and take a note again of the X & Y co-ordinates so I guess in theory just be a case of changing the figures to suit from one to other

but... haven't tried it yet myself

hope that makes sense

Paul

Nice one Dan!

I've not tried taking the doubler off to see if it the POI differs but you never know with these things until you try them............ in theory.....if you fix an add-on NV to the back of your 'scope that is unlikely to change POI otherwise it would be a total faff every time you wanted to "go dark".

Pauls suggestion on taking a note on the co-ordinates before you take the doubler off means you can revert with no problem.

Cheers

Fizz