Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bear necessities of life!

The Bear necessities of life!

Anyone seen the bears on the golf course this mornin's news? I only saw the three in the background after a second dose of laughter!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I did, funny and cute. Shame we don't get them on our golf courses.

Bears hate the taste of crymplene trousers and Nike tops?
    Crocs regard golfers as lunch tho'.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 13-09-2014 at 08:10.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Bears hate the taste of crymplene trousers and Nike tops?
    Yeah, funny how they only leave a few scraps though! Warning graphic link not suitable for the faint hearted,

Google Image Result for http://www.montanahunting.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Tedgrizz3.jpg
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The last time I was in Kelowna in British Columbia the wildlife guys had a panic one morning.

In the local school field a female black bear wandered in and was sunning itself next to the play equipment.

They all turned up and armed, watched it for a good while to make sure it had no cubs hidden away somewhere, darted it and took it back to the forest.

Problem solved.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Graphic !!! i was eating my tea finnbear270 !

I believe to photo is the remains of 'grizzly man' Timothy treadwell of which the Werner hertzog doc was filmed .

Quote Originally Posted by mattmck View Post
    I believe to photo is the remains of 'grizzly man' Timothy treadwell of which the Werner hertzog doc was filmed .
    I believe he's actually a victim of this big boy. The story I heard (back in 2004) is that this was the largest grizzly shot up to that date in Alaska. The lad in the picture is/was a Forest Ranger out for some recreational hunting when he was charged by the bear. He had a 7mm WinMag Semi-auto (?) and emptied the magazine into it. Although it fell over it was still twitching so he reloaded and gave it another full magazine. In the follow up they back-tracked the bear and found the body in the other picture. The PM on the bear found 3x.38special bullets in the body, which they reckon the naked rambler had fired as they found an empty .38 near the body. The PM also revealed the remains of at least one other human in the stomach.

Apparently they've stuffed this one and put it on display in Anchorage airport as a reminder of the potential dangers of hiking in the woods. According to the story I read the bear was just over 1,600lbs, stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder and 14' to the top of his head. I'm no expert but that sounds like a very big bear? Perhaps some of our American/Canadian members could confirm/deny this story?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tedbear1.jpg  

Sorry but I believe that's an internet myth