Thread: Taxidermy

Taxidermy

How much to stuff a barn owl?

found one dead, do I need to freeze it?

What ever will they think of next, home stuffing kits!!

what gas mark

I thought you needed a licence for birds of prey to have it mounted even if you find a dead one? Others may know a lot more about it than me.

You only need a license to sell it so its ok if your having it done for yourself as i understand it !

Correct on the above, I'm certain your supposed to notify the RSPCA about your finding and location etc. as if they pop into the taxidermist they can have proof of why receivership has taken place.

It has nothing to do with the RSPCA/SSPCA whatsoever. If you decide to sell it in the future, you need an A10 from Animal Health (Defra). On the application for that, you need to inform of place/date/and cause of death. So its best to have a note of these somewhere. The taxidermist can tell the RSPCA to GTF, if the decide to pop in. The taxidermist needs to keep a log of all birds handed in or found by himself, which includes commissions such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemonnem View Post
    It has nothing to do with the RSPCA/SSPCA whatsoever. If you decide to sell it in the future, you need an A10 from Animal Health (Defra). On the application for that, you need to inform of place/date/and cause of death. So its best to have a note of these somewhere. The taxidermist can tell the RSPCA to GTF, if the decide to pop in. The taxidermist needs to keep a log of all birds handed in or found by himself, which includes commissions such as this.
    Please make an introduction to the site, this seems to have been overlooked by you!
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by windygun View Post
    Attachment 468301.99 at Sainsbury's.
    I almost wet myself laughing at that one!