Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The BiG NO has been stopped by the Scottish Government

The BiG NO has been stopped by the Scottish Government

Many of Ediburghs residents are due to congregate tomorrow - Sunday 14th in Holyrood Park (Arthur's Seat), stand in a very large NO and have their picture taken.

Historic Scotland, which is part of and funded by the Scottish Government and which manages Holyrood Park, which is a public space, has withdrawn permission this Saturday evening. I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Meanwhile there is a BIG yes Banner afastened to the Edinburgh Castle Rock - Also managed by Historic Scotland.

I will again let you draw your own conclusions, but I am not sure there is any freedom of speech left.

Instead we will be using the Grange Cricket Ground in Stockbridge at 3pm on Sunday Afternoon.

More details at https://www.facebook.com/events/1500809483497582/

If you can't come along, get as many family and friends together, find a big public space and stand in a NO and post it on the face book page.

For those of you casting your vote on Thursday, please think very carefully about the facts before putting your cross in the little box.

maggie thatcher sent us the poll tax closed industry in the central belt, and broke well! sorry tried to break the back of scotland with horse an batton i will let you draw your own concusions there to who do you trust .lol.i rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by skywull View Post
    maggie thatcher sent us the poll tax closed industry in the central belt, and broke well! sorry tried to break the back of scotland with horse an batton i will let you draw your own concusions there to who do you trust .lol.i rest my case
    Get a grip - she has been dead and gone a while now!

Don,t forget Edward longshank

She he did the same to the rest of the UK, but I guess it was much worse for the Scott's! Horrible Westminster always picking on the poor Scots.

Yes she did but moving on 20 years and guess? what they would have been shut anyway, people always gone on about the coal miners but look at were we are now always striving not find new and renewable energy she was a very forward thinking clever lady ,just a shame we haven't had anyone like her since ,look at the state we are in now ,what really makes me laugh is a lot of the anti Thatcher party were just small kids or not even born when she was in power .Blair and brown ruined this country by selling of all a assets like all are gold stocks at rock bottom prices had he not and we still had them at today's value we would not be in this mess now ,they sold everything were Thatcher would not sell Britain's wealth ,so think about what she really stood for before running her down she was in the league of Winston Churchill a fighter for the country that they believe in not some mincey maggot that wants all the money glory but has no back bone as there worried about PR the country desperately needs a leader and what we have is disappointment

why do you perceive that the poll tax was worse for Scotland than the rest of the uk? Ok you got the poll tax first but someone somewhere had to. We all got it later on from what I recall. I'm not Scottish and will not be voting but I wouldn't trust an idealist with no grip of reality who is spouting unbelievably optimistic rhetoric. There is a massive number of things that must be negotiated on behalf of independent Scotland which will almost certainly end up with compromise rather than everyone giving Salmond what he asks for. I am truly worried for Scotland on two fronts, first that the Yes promises will fall well short of the mark and secondly that the population has become substantially divided

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Many of Ediburghs residents are due to congregate tomorrow - Sunday 14th in Holyrood Park (Arthur's Seat), stand in a very large NO and have their picture taken.

Historic Scotland, which is part of and funded by the Scottish Government and which manages Holyrood Park, which is a public space, has withdrawn permission this Saturday evening. I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Meanwhile there is a BIG yes Banner afastened to the Edinburgh Castle Rock - Also managed by Historic Scotland.

I will again let you draw your own conclusions, but I am not sure there is any freedom of speech left.

Instead we will be using the Grange Cricket Ground in Stockbridge at 3pm on Sunday Afternoon.

More details at https://www.facebook.com/events/1500809483497582/

If you can't come along, get as many family and friends together, find a big public space and stand in a NO and post it on the face book page.

For those of you casting your vote on Thursday, please think very carefully about the facts before putting your cross in the little box.
    All the more reason to go to the park and carry on with what you were going to do , i see a win-win situation there - if they try to move you on the photo opportunity will be priceless , and if they don't move you on ditto - "brave Scot's no voters defy wee ecks tyranny "

Truly pathetic in the context of deciding our future and the combined spin and misdirection by wee eck evident over the last few months

Well, I was at a meeting on Friday evening. There was a Scottish miner who stood up and told the audience of solidarity of the miners across the UK and the world that was the abiding memory of that time. It was the Scots who highlighted the injustices of the Poll tax and got it changed for the rest of us as well. We had poll tax demonstration in Reading. I had a CCJ against me for not paying my Poll Tax to Woking District Council for the three years when I was overseas and did nt live in Woking Ristrict. It was Scots together with the rest of the UK that led us away from right wing Tory rule. It's because of Scotland that there are the Tories do not have majority rule in Westminster.

Westminster is a British Institution. It's not English, Welsh, northern Irish or Scottish, but is made up of representatives from across the UK and we can all vote.

The biggest Reformers at Westminster include many Scots, Welsh, Northern English and The Scots. Over a third of Westminster MPs are born in or brought up in Scotland. A large proportion of Westminster Civil Servants and Mandarins are also Scots and always have been. So by blaming Westminster for all the failings of Society, you are blaming your fellow countrymen.

And Scottish MPs voted against the UK getting involved with boots on the ground in Syria and again in Iraq.

These days every body has to work for a living. Do you really think that a YES vote will result in a fairer society?

Not a chance.

What at is already happening is Scottish Nationalist business Interess are already funding the SNP and calling the shots. After Independence they will be running the country and you will have the same self serving right wing government.

And you know what your former partner, now your biggest competitor will also be run by an Ultra Right Wing government.

So by putting your Vote in the YES box you are just handing an easy victory for you to get a further kicking from the corrupt money grabbing, tax evading (Souter is in Monaco) b........ds you quite rightly despise.
    Last edited by Heym SR20; 14-09-2014 at 09:46.