Thread: Poaching Equipment and Animals seized

Poaching Equipment and Animals seized

BBC News - Poaching equipment and animals seized in wildlife crime crackdown

Poaching equipment and animals seized in wildlife crime crackdown
    A large quantity of equipment used for wildlife poaching as well as 10 dogs and four ferrets have been seized by police from homes in East Lothian.

Officers used warrants at properties in Haddington on Wednesday under a crackdown on wildlife crime.

Police Scotland worked alongside the Scottish SPCA and the Forth District Salmon Fishery Board.

Officers said the seizures sent a serious message to the public they take the welfare of animals very seriously.

I wonder if this was anyone we know...

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Poaching equipment and animals seized in wildlife crime crackdown

Officers said the seizures sent a serious message to the public they take the welfare of animals very seriously.
    Sending a serious message to the public.... seriously? Apart from the lame reporting, this is hardly a 'crackdown' is it? No reporting of any arrests or charges - maybe they'll be forthcoming, but I imagine if they had solid evidence they'd have nicked some folk to reinforce how serious they are about taking animal welfare seriously....?

My interpretation of a proper crackdown would be a row of gibbets along the A1 from Dunbar to Prestonpans with a guilty scrote hanging from each one - that's taking wildlife crime 'seriously'. But I'm only an Englishman so clearly have no say in the matter....

I wonder what's to become of the animals seized...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

The animals seized weren`t even the person of interests dogs. They took someone else's dogs alongside his.

This was coming ever since an eel trap was found with 3 dead otters in it in Haddington.

Very clever eels in Haddington. The worm has turned.
    The culprits will probably go out poaching to pay off their fines once convicted. They should get as many community hours as can possibly be given out instead to stop them poaching.