Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50th birthday fund

50th birthday fund

I'm fifty in a couple of years and have started a fund for my treat to myself ,thing is what should I do I'd like to take my stalking buddies too ( they can pay for themselves) Any ideas .what did you do ? I'm leaning toward Africa or boar shooting in Europe but open to ideas .i know it's a way off but I've gotta apply for a passport lol
    cheers Norma

I'd love an excuse (and the money) to go seatrout fishing in Patagonia!

Get away to Africa, but be aware you will not only go once so double what you are saving. You can have a good time shooting Impala, Warthog, Jackal, Baboon maybe, bits and bobs an make a great trip for a first timer.

Good thread this as I am thinking along the same lines although I have a few more years to save. I'd thought about boar in Eastern europe but I'm not great at moving targets!!

TBH Doug I'm surprised hearing you have 'yet' to hit 50, you must have had it tough!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    I'm fifty in a couple of years and have started a fund for my treat to myself ,thing is what should I do I'd like to take my stalking buddies too ( they can pay for themselves) Any ideas .what did you do ? I'm leaning toward Africa or boar shooting in Europe but open to ideas .i know it's a way off but I've gotta apply for a passport lol
    cheers Norma
    Hi Norma I think you should just take your long suffering wife on an exotic holiday,blow the shooting. Wf1

Wf1~ she wouldn't leave the dog mate I'm taking her to Scotland all being well and the sako lol .
    stratts ~ I've had it rough mate 4 kids and several wife's have taken thier toll especially on my wallet !
    From what I read and see I think a trip to Africa would be a hell of an experience but then there is NZ that looks amazing too .
    Norma

It has to be Africa. Reasonable prices on a management cull for impala, blesbok, springbok etc

I'm 50 next March, South Africa booked with Settlers Safaris, 10 day management cull with a few buddies, just got to take the plunge and whatever you finally decide to do make sure you do it, I won't be here in another 50, so how wrong can it go!!!!

+1 Got to be African dangerous game, buff cow or tusk less cow ele surprisingly affordable if you shop around...