Gloves....Sealskinz or Macwet?

phitt

As above, needing a new pair of gloves and looking at Sealskinz shooting gloves or Macwet Climatec.
Does anyone have an opinion on either or recommend some that I don't know about?
Cheers
Phitt

The MacWets are a really good glove, however they are never going to be anywhere near as warm as the Sealskinz, which they are probably a better bet for you.

i use Macwets but they are very thin so not very warm, however they dry out very quickly, you can feel everything your doing in them !

I've posted this previously - but MacWets with a fleece over glove. Excellent warmth, quick drying, good grip and feel. Best compromise I have found and works in the coldest temps.

Clearly I'm the only person who freezes when wearing my sealskins! I hate them although I can't fault their build quality etc, I just get very cold hands in winter when wearing them

I wear MacWets with a loose leather glove over the top. Lots of warmth and still plenty of feel when you slip the outers off.

David.

Clearly I'm the only person who freezes when wearing my sealskins! I hate them although I can't fault their build quality etc, I just get very cold hands in winter when wearing them

+1 I posted the same thing not too long ago. I lost them and my hands have been cosy and warm ever since, Lol.

No ds.308, you're not the only one. I sold mine on after a couple of outings. My hands absolutely froze! Of the two I use Macwet now, but often just a pair of thin knitted liner gloves which are quite warm when wet and dry out quicker than anything else I've tried.

Tried the Sealskinz on today and they felt great. They looked well finished, well fitted and were comfy but still had plenty of "touch". Reviews on them are either great or awful, not much middle ground. I own Sealskinz socks and not had any problems with them.

I saw some 5etta ("fermetta") Special shooting gloves (distributed by Casstrom) last week that had much of the snug fit and feel of MacWets but a more weather-resistant "upper". They come with leather (#1195) or faux-suede (#1196) palms.

I dont like my seal skinz, ive worn them about half a dozen times. yes they are comfy, but not warm or water proof. I think mine are the hunter type, ie the trigger finger doesn't fold back
I'll sell you them if you want

Back